Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: to all incoming 1Ls, i'm transferring, so best of luck to you!  (Read 6821 times)

canuck

• View Profile
    • Email
hi all,

i hope you don't find me disingenious since i've been promoting Hofstra, but i am transferring to another school.  it strictly is for financial and personal reasons tho, since i am going back to Canada. 

Hofstra is a good school and it becomes great with the students that go there.  i wish all of you the best of luck and hope that you enjoy your time as much as i did.  i'm going to be busy with preparing to go back home, but i'll try my best to keep on answering questions for you all.

take care,

Hosh
Headed to Hofstra in August!

kdeevers

• View Profile
Re: to all incoming 1Ls, i'm transferring, so best of luck to you!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 04:30:16 PM »
Congratulations and best of luck to you in all your future endeavors!  I sent you a Personal Message with more questions, but I'm sure you have a lot to do with moving, packing, planning etc.

Take Care and thanks for everything.

schnorer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 08:30:31 PM »
congrats!! it was great being informed by you.

fooseball22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 01:03:38 PM »
I appreciate the posts, thanks for your help.  On a side note, where does that leave the living arrangements with that house you were trying to rent out? 

kdeevers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 01:10:50 PM »
And on a completely different side note, Foose, do you know how we got those reputation points near our name?

mm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 03:54:26 PM »
Are you transferring back to Canada?

canuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 01:35:11 PM »
hey all,

the place i was living at fell through since we couldn't get enough people (i sort of screwed my buddy over).  but if you're looking for off-campus housing, the best thing to do is contact ResLife and get them to email you their off-campus housing list.  do it once a week as it updates all the time.  if not, i suggest craigslist.com.  great cite but beware of "owners" that are really "realtors" that ask for a month's rent for a realtor's fee.  some of them aren't even realtors but people doing it on the side.  they're not allowed to get a commission, but they do so anyway.  best of luck, but it's hard to find something decent around hofstra for $500-$700.  If you're willing to pay $700+, you can find really nice places.  also, if you have a car, try the towns of Westbury, East Meadow, Uniondale, West Hempstead...and a bit further out is Hicksville.  the further out you go, the nicer and cheaper the places are.

yes, i've been accepted to the University of Toronto Faculty of Law.  one of the best law schools in Canada.  i'm still planning on writing the NY bar to keep my options open, but it's mainly a financial decision.  i really didn't think i would get in because although i did well this year, it wasn't top 5%.  i'm still deliberating whether to ask Hofstra for financial aid now that i have an offer from another school...but i'm almost positive i'm going to back home.

thanks a lot everyone and keep the questions coming!  start a new thread!

canuck
Headed to Hofstra in August!

fooseball22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 09:56:08 AM »
JD, I think you get a reputation by people rating you...i forget how you actually do it, but i think its easy.

Cannuck, thanks for all the helpful comments.