Law School Discussion

recommend a bank

sita

recommend a bank
« on: June 29, 2005, 07:05:28 AM »
To all locals:  It seems that PNC and National City are the main banks in the area.  What bank would you recommend?  I currently use a locally owned bank in Kentucky and love it.  It seems like there are more national cities in shadyside and oakland.  Any suggestions?

Painting101

• 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
Re: recommend a bank
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 08:34:39 AM »
My fiancee has Citizens Bank (they're changing to Charter One), and she never has problems getting to ATM's.  Plus, a lot of Giant Eagles (grocery stores) have branches inside.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 02:56:49 PM »
PNC bank is pretty much the most widespread -- they have offices and ATMs everywhere. Also, they just bought a big bank in DC so you could use them there as well. They're not too bad, I've used them the last 5 years. They have a good free checking plan.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 06:17:09 AM »
Yea, I've asked a friend about this who goes to Pitt, and it seems she thinks PNC has more branches in Pittsburgh.  Plus she seems to have had pretty good luck with them.

sita

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 06:24:13 AM »
Awesome.  We have PNC here in Lexington and it seems to get the thumbs up.  Thanks, Pilar

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 03:36:46 PM »
PNC has the fancier looking bank in Squirrel Hill (compared to Citizens).  This is the most important factor, IMO.