Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is there a law school newbie BBQ or event being organized?  (Read 5013 times)

samt

• View Profile
Is there a law school newbie BBQ or event being organized?
« on: June 24, 2005, 07:07:53 PM »
      I was accepted late so I didn't get on the List-Serv until a few days ago and have been out of the loop on other things as well.  I know that it was suggested we could use the list-serv to organize a BBQ (as apparently was done last year) or event and wanted to know if anyone out there had already started on this or had any ideas.  I'd be willing to work or help with this if anyone is interested.  Please feel free to grab my e-mail off the list-serv and write me personally or just post here. 

jdmaxey

• View Profile
Re: Is there a law school newbie BBQ or event being organized?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 10:04:52 PM »
There might be more interest as orientation gets closer. The list-serv has pretty much died down over the summer. Good luck in your house hunt!

samt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 12:48:25 AM »
   Thanks, think I'll call the law school tommorrow and see what's going on. 

JenaBaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 02:07:13 PM »
I am thinking about having a barbeque or something at my apartment in early August.  I don't move out to AR until the end of July, so I have to take care of that first.   ::)I'll let everyone know when I figure out the details. 
- Jena

samt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 06:35:34 PM »
I was e-mailed today saying I should contact Linda Ahlen so I'll do that tommorrow and let you guys know what's up.

samt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 06:40:12 PM »
I've been talking to another incoming student, Adam Weekly, and we're trying to think of alternative locations other than McArthur Park. I was wondering if your apartment complex had a commons area that was both able to be reserved and big enough to accomodate our incoming class. Anyone else out there have any other suggestions! Post or e-mail me!

jdmaxey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 08:48:26 PM »
There's always Burns Park, it isn't that far from the city center. Another consideration is one of the many lakes that surround LR. Within an hour drive you can be lakeside at a pavillion. How many people are you talking about?

JenaBaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 09:46:05 AM »
Let me know if you need any help with the picnic planning, I'd be happy to do what i can.