Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I.A.N. Study Group  (Read 8995 times)

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
Re: I.A.N. Study Group
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2005, 02:55:26 AM »
Just finished my first week of classes... I survived and even volunteered answers occasionally!

Good luck on the exam...

I found out this week that we will have (all the 1Ls)one saturday of midterms(an hour each class --multiple choice exams)... The profs are calling it
"hell day" ...LOL

I also have my first writing assignment due on Wed...get this, the directions for the typing reqs are 10 characters per inch, 24 lines per page(didnt even bother to tell us what font/ size, LAME)....

I enjoyed all my classes, though I think I like civ pro the best. Let me know which you guys like the best...

Oh, and I didnt have a laptop in undergrad but am using in class... typically my notes are pretty good from the reading so I don't end up having to type too much in class....  so it seems to be working for me.

I am just so happy to be going to law school...

Happy Weekend(i dont have classes on fridays)

Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2005, 10:37:01 AM »
Of course there would have been 6 out of 81!!  :D   Like I said, that info was from someone who went through TAP and he only knows of 4 other people from the class that made it through.

As for my practice exam today >:(  ???

WTF happened?  I knew the rule, but I only recieved half the points for that.  I knew the issue... only recieved half the points for that.  Hopefully, I will be able to get full points tomorrow by correcting what I did wrong today.  I had only just started to write the conclusion, so... 0pts there.  Now, that leaves me with the analysis section, and if I have to be honest... I'm really not sure I would have recieved the necessary 3.5 more points to pass. (I need 5.5 point out of 10).

Here's my problem... I know the rule, and the exception... I can guess at what issues they might throw at me.  But other than that, I really don't know if I should do anything else to prepare for tomorrow.

Sounds like you are on track. Just remember to try and think of every possible angle with respect to that rule and its elements. Try not to miss a thing!!!

Plutoeyore-

Happy Friday to you as well!!! Only one more day of orientation (tomorrow) and then we are off and running. I anticipate liking CivPro a lot, too. I think so much of it has to do with the prof, though.

Did you find out your font and size? it is probably 12 point font and Courier or New Courier. i think that is standard for legal documents.
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2005, 01:38:13 PM »
Hey pluto!  Happy Friday! No font specified huh?  If so much wasn't hinging on it I would recommend doing it in Ravie or something wild like that.

Wooohooo!  I've finished my first exam
If I get the most generous grader in Widener, I could possibly get a 7... otherwise, I'm sure I got the 5.5 needed.  I corrected the mistakes I made yesterday; however, I made a few others today (that I'm aware of) sooooo, we'll see in a few weeks.  I get to take it over again if I didn't pass.  Plus, the problems I had today, I don't anticipate being an issue during a real exam because the computer will alleviate them.  I wrote too big and I didn't present a counterargument, which both could have been corrected with the computer.  Because I wrote too big, they won't give me any points for my conclusion, and I'm not sure if they will give me points for the last element because, I just said  it was met by the crossing over the line while driving.

I've met a few of my instructors and I anticipate liking Civ. Pro. the most... but I'll let you know.  Nivala, my Civ. Pro. teacher, was the proctor today.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2005, 03:11:58 PM »
Hey pluto!  Happy Friday! No font specified huh?  If so much wasn't hinging on it I would recommend doing it in Ravie or something wild like that.

Wooohooo!  I've finished my first exam
If I get the most generous grader in Widener, I could possibly get a 7... otherwise, I'm sure I got the 5.5 needed.  I corrected the mistakes I made yesterday; however, I made a few others today (that I'm aware of) sooooo, we'll see in a few weeks.  I get to take it over again if I didn't pass.  Plus, the problems I had today, I don't anticipate being an issue during a real exam because the computer will alleviate them.  I wrote too big and I didn't present a counterargument, which both could have been corrected with the computer.  Because I wrote too big, they won't give me any points for my conclusion, and I'm not sure if they will give me points for the last element because, I just said  it was met by the crossing over the line while driving.

I've met a few of my instructors and I anticipate liking Civ. Pro. the most... but I'll let you know.  Nivala, my Civ. Pro. teacher, was the proctor today.

I am glad you feel like you did well, Yanky. I anticipate liking CivPro because of the subject matter, but my torts teacher is the one I had this summer and he is great, so I know I will like that class.

I have been half-heartedly studying for our final, but it is mostly stuff that is common knowledge, and I am trying to save my energy for class on Monday! I don't think we get to take our final again, but ours is also easier I think. Maybe they are trying to make up for all that reading they gave us!!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2005, 09:54:02 AM »
legalkitty good luck today!

Hey pluto, that multiple choice exam all day is probably good prep for the bar.  Not that the bar will be like that, but the pressure, the type of questions, and the stamina that you will need to pass the bar should be very similar.  When is that?  October?

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2005, 03:44:45 PM »
Yah, either Oct 1 or Oct 8th... :P

So are you all enjoying law school?

I am enjoying it so far....

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2005, 05:41:45 PM »
Yah, either Oct 1 or Oct 8th... :P

So are you all enjoying law school?

I am enjoying it so far....

Well, I'm glad I didn't respond yesterday when I wanted to tell you "I hate it, I don't know what I was thinking when I subjected my self to this horrid process."  Fortunately, today was much better and I am happy that this is my calling... who knows what tomorrow will bring.

There were other things happening to make things worse... I locked my keys in my car on Monday (yes, I am going to be a good lawyer  :P ) and the street lights weren't working on the way to school on Tueday.

I consider myself extremely lucky with the professers I have... which is a good thing.

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2005, 05:42:47 PM »
Oh, I forgot to say that my Torts mid-term is Sept. 23.

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2005, 11:54:36 AM »
LOL... I hated yesterday... it is the only day we are going over bluebook in research and writing and it made NO SENSE! Plus we have a (non on line) use the LIB research assignment where we have to look up like 50 things and then do proper bluebook citing for each one, oh my! I like the ref classes much better.

Have you guys had the bluebook yet?

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2005, 08:00:06 PM »
We don't start that for a few weeks... today was a bad day, I should know better than to try to help people.  I'll learn one of these days. >:(