Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I.A.N. Study Group  (Read 9278 times)

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
Re: I.A.N. Study Group
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2005, 02:59:11 AM »
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy weekend(since i dont have classes on fri night). I finished my 2nd week of school...whoohoo!!

Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2005, 10:25:28 AM »
We don't start that for a few weeks... today was a bad day, I should know better than to try to help people.  I'll learn one of these days. >:(

Oh, I am sorry you had a bad day. Cheer up, like Pluto said, it is Friday!!!! My first week went well. I just wish I could be there all the time and not have to work. I never want to leave! (God, I must sound like SUCH a geek!!)
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

robocop1840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2005, 12:05:09 PM »
Hey everyone,
Well I just finished my first week. Not so bad, actualy it was not bad. But in my first class, torts, the professor says " lets see, who will be the first in the class of 2008 to be subjected to the socratic method". Im sure you know where this is going. Yes it was me. What I have found so far, is as long as you are prepared, you will not get hammered even if you are way off base, as long as you make an effort my profs have been reasonable. I am most worried about research and writing, I think that is going to be the most difficult for me, and it's only worth 2 credits.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well...

Yanky...Keep the faith......no retreat no surrender

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2005, 07:17:07 PM »
Hey everyone,
Well I just finished my first week. Not so bad, actualy it was not bad. But in my first class, torts, the professor says " lets see, who will be the first in the class of 2008 to be subjected to the socratic method". Im sure you know where this is going. Yes it was me. What I have found so far, is as long as you are prepared, you will not get hammered even if you are way off base, as long as you make an effort my profs have been reasonable. I am most worried about research and writing, I think that is going to be the most difficult for me, and it's only worth 2 credits.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well...

Yanky...Keep the faith......no retreat no surrender

no retreat no surrender... lol, how did you know?

Congratulations!  We made it!

Actually, I really like my Civ. Pro. class, the professor is very animated and it makes for a great class.  Torts is my next fave... so far.  I don't really mind property, and instructor is great, but there's just something about the class...  Legal Methods class is ok, but again the instructor is great.  They gave me the info for my closed memo... as soon as I read it, I'll let everyone know what it's about as soon as I read it.

What is everyone else's impression of their first week?

Have a good weekend everyone!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2005, 04:09:02 PM »
Just checking in... & thanks for the bluebook suggestion... I am gonna check it out ASAP.

We get our first memo assignment tonight... I like all my classes but reseach and writing which seems like so much work for so little credit....

Cheers!

Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2005, 08:54:17 AM »
Just checking in... & thanks for the bluebook suggestion... I am gonna check it out ASAP.

We get our first memo assignment tonight... I like all my classes but reseach and writing which seems like so much work for so little credit....

Cheers!

We have some interactive thing where we do Bluebook exercises on-line, and I think it works pretty well. Do you have that, Yanky? I think things are going great overall!!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org