Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: the best LSAT books/prep courses.....  (Read 2011 times)

JuliePanic

• View Profile
    • Email
the best LSAT books/prep courses.....
« on: June 15, 2005, 12:08:29 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about taking the LSAT and i want to start preparing as soon as possible. The problem is, i don't know which LSAT books to read or prep courses i should be taking. I was wondering if any of you successful law students have any suggestions, like which books, etc helped you get a respectable LSAT score (168 or higher) or which prep courses led to getting into law school.

If anyone can help me out, i would greatly appreciate it!

Julie

bkbk5

• View Profile
    • Wild Bill's Blog
Re: the best LSAT books/prep courses.....
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 01:29:23 PM »
Hey Julie,
    I took two LSAT prep courses...Kaplan and ACE.  The reason I took two courses is because I felt so UNDER prepared by Kaplan.  My score actually went down during my time with Kaplan.  Also, you only take 4 or 5 practice exams in the Kaplan program and don't get great exposure to experienceing real LSAT test taking.  I backed out of my scheduled LSAT the night before because I didn't feel prepared by Kaplan.
     I had an entirely different experience with ACE.  The ACE program is fantastic!  My score went up by 16 points in 6 months with ACE.  Mind you, I worked my butt off for those 16 points!  But, when all the dust settled, I got a respectable score and am starting law school in 2 months.
     http://www.acelsat.com