Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where are the best places for a law student to live?  (Read 3856 times)

BarryDingle

• View Profile
Where are the best places for a law student to live?
« on: June 15, 2005, 08:08:45 AM »
I would like to be close to the law school.  Any info would help.  Thank you.

utoledostudent

• View Profile
Re: Where are the best places for a law student to live?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 11:11:33 PM »
I would like to be close to the law school.  Any info would help.  Thank you.

For more information on off-campus housing visit The University of Toledo's Off Campus Website at http://www.student-affairs.utoledo.edu/residencelife/offcampus/ocl/ocl.html.  Most people live in the surrounding major apartment complexes.  You can review the list at http://www.student-affairs.utoledo.edu/residencelife/offcampus/ocl/majorcomplexes.html.

Goldy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 10:07:08 AM »
I am a second year. I like living in Kenwood Gardens. The apartments are rather plain, but they are very close to the school and well priced (you do have to pay for utilities though). The people at the complex are nice and I just brought my cats out after a year. ($150 per animal nonrefundable fee and a monthly charge of $10 per animal but it is worth it.)

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 10:57:39 AM »
On the off chance that one of the current UT students responds I have a couple questions....
First, the only prep work I've done so far is learning how to brief cases and going through a very basic book - "Acing Your First Year", is this adequate (not that I can do anything if it's not)?
Also, remembering back to orientation, how dressed up should I be - khaki shorts and polo, dockers and polo or button up, or something with a tie?

utoledostudent

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 10:04:25 PM »
On the off chance that one of the current UT students responds I have a couple questions....
First, the only prep work I've done so far is learning how to brief cases and going through a very basic book - "Acing Your First Year", is this adequate (not that I can do anything if it's not)?
Also, remembering back to orientation, how dressed up should I be - khaki shorts and polo, dockers and polo or button up, or something with a tie?

Sorry, I didn't see this post until after your first night of orientation.  Feel comfortable wearing casual clothes.  The individuals dressed up tonight will more then likely be wearing casual clothes Thursday and Friday.  It's warm outside and you'll be running to the book store, Rocket Hall, and the College of Law so you want to be comfortable and cool.

Knowing the basics of briefing is adequate.  They'll go over that in a mock classroom setting during orientation.

I'll be checking the boards so if anyone has any further questions then feel free to ask.