Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: January 1Ls?  (Read 10774 times)

Thamps

• View Profile
    • Email
January 1Ls?
« on: June 14, 2005, 10:13:59 PM »
Hey there, is anyone starting Cooley this January?  Looking forward to it!  I just went by for a tour and was pretty pleased with what I learned.  Let me know, it'd be nice to make a contact before the big shabang.

sak

• View Profile
Re: January 1Ls?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 04:19:06 PM »
I will be attending in the fall.

natalia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 10:38:56 AM »
Hi,

I plan to attend as well.

hope to finish in two years and appreciate the scholarship (75%) but I am really nervous about the high attrition rate. What do you Jan 1Ls think? Does it make you nervous?

Cheers.

sarbinson1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 11:03:01 AM »
Hi,

I plan to attend as well.

hope to finish in two years and appreciate the scholarship (75%) but I am really nervous about the high attrition rate. What do you Jan 1Ls think? Does it make you nervous?

Cheers.

How can you finish in two years?  Is this a special aspect of Cooley? 

sak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 11:05:59 AM »
I start in September. I plan to do the two years also.  You can do it by going full time in the summer.

natalia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 11:22:46 AM »
Finishing law school in two years is a major factor in my decision to go to Cooley.  It means less expenses b/c I only need to rent a place for two years, and I can start working earlier.

So, anyone have any thoughts on the high attrition rates?  Do you think it's more competitive at Cooley, or simply that there are more students at Cooley that are just not as well-suited for the study of law because of their high acceptance rate??

sarbinson1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 12:42:08 PM »
Finishing law school in two years is a major factor in my decision to go to Cooley.  It means less expenses b/c I only need to rent a place for two years, and I can start working earlier.

So, anyone have any thoughts on the high attrition rates?  Do you think it's more competitive at Cooley, or simply that there are more students at Cooley that are just not as well-suited for the study of law because of their high acceptance rate??

It's probably 50/50.  It's going to be very competitive because everyone wants to be in the top 10 percent for job purposes.  Plus, while there are some very smart people there, there are also a good number of marginals.  Just based on hearsay from a couple friends. 

sak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 01:19:29 PM »
So do you all start in January 05? I am nervous to about how many people fail out but they take more students than any other school so I hope it just all evens out.

natalia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 01:53:12 PM »
Hi Sak,

I start in Jan O5 as well...So, why have you decided to go to Cooley?  Do you have an honours scholarhip? Are you from Lansing? I'm from Canada so hoping to do it in two years to get back to my homeland!! :-)

Let's chat...

Cheers.

natalia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 01:54:46 PM »
Hey Sarbinson1,

How do you know it's really competitive at Cooley...are you currently attending? I would like to know more if you can expand further.

Cheers.