Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Starting to get scared  (Read 2246 times)

osulinds

• MSN Messenger - lindseymj@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Starting to get scared
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 12:14:41 AM »
ShannonLibby pretty much summed it up. Let me tell you, pretty much everyone getting ready for the fall feels the way you do.  I just finished my second year but I remember being extremely intimidated the first few days of school because the profs were kinda scary, the reading was really hard, and everyone around me seemed so intelligent.  Even during some of orientation, I had the feeling of "what am I doing here?" I think it's natural to have doubts about actually going, if you're going to succeed, etc.  But you'll never know if you don't give it a shot and there's nothing that says you have to stay after first semester if you decide its not for you.

Nellabella

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 09:20:58 AM »
Thanks everyone.  Its nice to hear that people feel the same way about starting.

birddog

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 01:58:42 PM »
I'm sure that everyone at some point in school questions why the went - but I have to say that I spent a majority of my time really loving it. 

I personally don't think there are too many lawyers out there and there is still a demand every year for new grads.

Also, consider your other options.  One of the reasons I chose law school is because I wanted a "terminal" degree, and wanted to make money (not the best reasons). Of course, I also liked the law, but there were many other factors.  If I hadn't gone to law school I have no idea what I'd be doing now.

I say if you're interested then go for it - don't let these people scare you off that it is too hard.  Most choices you make in life will be hard and scary at times - getting a new job would be the same.