Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bank One Education One Loans  (Read 497 times)

SLJ0720

• View Profile
Bank One Education One Loans
« on: June 12, 2005, 09:05:18 PM »
Does anyone have any experiences to share or comments on the Bank One Education One student loans?  I am apprehensive about taking on more loans, especially private ones, but I am taking classes this summer and doing an externship and I can already tell that I am not going to have enough money to get through until the fall semester starts.  Getting a job is out as I will only have 2 weeks free after I finish my externship before I start another class, which is 1.5 weeks long, and then after that only about 2.5 weeks before fall semester starts.  I think I would only need to borrow about $2,000. 

osulinds

• MSN Messenger - lindseymj@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bank One Education One Loans
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 09:25:17 PM »
I have Bank One loans and don't have any complaints so far...but I haven't started paying them back yet. :) Be careful not to take too much out along the way.  I had to have a co-signer for the summer b/c I've had to take out a ton of loans for school (but I'm almost done, :)).  If I can offer any more help, let me know.

SLJ0720

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 09:29:46 PM »
So you didn't need a co-signor for any of the other loans and then this time they asked for one?  Did you have undergrad loans too?

osulinds

• MSN Messenger - lindseymj@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 09:40:47 PM »
I've had to take out loans for pretty much all of law school so you can imagine the amount racks up pretty fast. I have Stafford loans and private loans to cover what Stafford doesn't.  So, since I have a sizeable amount of private loan debt now, I guess they thought I needed a co-signer.  I wouldn't think you'd have a problem with $2000 but I also don't know your credit history. :)  My amount was around $12,000.