Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lets Hear It Harrisburg Acceptees  (Read 2105 times)

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
Lets Hear It Harrisburg Acceptees
« on: June 10, 2005, 10:45:21 AM »
Hi, I just got accepted to Widener-Harrisburg. Where is everyone living? Whats the city like? It seems to me to be in the middle of nowhere. I know school will take up around 94% of our time, but what is there to do with that other 6%? Anyother Harrisburg 1L's have the same concerns I do?

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Hear It Harrisburg Acceptees
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 12:28:18 PM »
Hey,
Congrats! I am currently at Widener's TAP in Harrisburg (I am from Philly) and can tell you that I like the area more than I thought I would. If you are from a big city, it is definitely not that, but it does have the basic things you look for i.e. decent restaurants, Starbucks (this is very important to me, at least), and I know people have been going to bars, so there must be some of those. The school is technically in Harrisburg, but it must be on the outskirts, because it is not city-like at all near the school.

The school consists of basically four buildings. I must say, overall, I am pleasantly surprised. I am commuting from Philly, but there are TONS of apartment complexes around and I believe they are pretty reasonable.

Anyway, HTH!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

niki1244

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 09:49:48 PM »
Hi. 

I will be a 1L in Harrisburg and I am coming from DC so I rolled my eyes when I first went to visit.  However, as long as there is a Starbucks near me (important to me too LegalKitty!) I can survive.  I feel like you can make the best out of any place you are living and there seemed to be plenty of restaurants and a few bars downtown when I wandered around so I'm just going to go into it with an open mind.  My apartment is much closer to school than to downtown although downtown is still not that far away.  Campus is definitely in the 'burbs. 

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 11:11:41 PM »
Hey, I was just in Harrisburg finalizing the apartment process. I'm living at Korman Communities, which has Starbucks coffee every morning from 6-9 am. Surprisingly, the city has whatever you may want. Or atleast thats what I've noticed so far.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 09:20:16 PM »
Hey guys,
I got into Widener thru TAP, and I am psyched!!! See you all there!

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 09:52:23 PM »
Hey, congratulations. See everyone in a couple weeks.

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 10:54:09 PM »
Have you found out what section you are in yet?
Also, has anyone found out what Legal Methods section they are in. My schedule just says TBA. I guess we'll find out during orientation.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 09:37:48 AM »
Have you found out what section you are in yet?
Also, has anyone found out what Legal Methods section they are in. My schedule just says TBA. I guess we'll find out during orientation.

I haven't gotten anything yet, but we are supposed to be getting our packets at the end of the week. Right now, I am just scrambling to get all the moo-la together. But it is a pleasure!!