Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sum and Substance  (Read 949 times)

jcjc

• View Profile
Sum and Substance
« on: June 03, 2005, 01:56:51 PM »
Has anyone ever used the Sum and Substance audio cds?  If so, would you recommend them?

Any other audio cds you would recommend?

TW08

• View Profile
Re: Sum and Substance
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 01:26:02 AM »
I've used a few of the Sum & Substance CD sets. They vary in quality depending on the Professor giving the lectures. For example, Arthur Miller is outstanding at bringing life and clarity to Civ Pro concepts. On the other hand, Finz on Torts stumbles around a bit. These all trade well on EBay, so you can buy, use, and re-sell for good net deals.

TW08

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 10:10:50 AM »
I agree. I listened to Dressler's Criminal Procedure tapes. They were great.

jdohno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 12:07:07 PM »
I agree.  Miller gave my civ pro class in those CDs the structure that my professor didn't in class. With the first CD in the series, I was able to look at my syllabus as Miller pretty much talked about what civ pro areas were the most likely to be tested. So I recommend Miller's Civ Pro CD.

The contracts CD is just awful. The author, I believe it's Cranley, stumbles, forgets his lines, doesn't go back over the line. I kept thinking if this CD was recorded in a studio why didn't they have him reread the line. But I didn't buy any of the Sum & Substance CDs. They're too expensive. I got them on reserve from my library and burned them to my computer. Also the property one isn't bad either.

Quote from: yoshibengoshi link=topic=2041.msg14789#msg14789
date=1119590762
I've used a few of the Sum & Substance CD sets. They vary in quality depending on the Professor giving the lectures. For example, Arthur Miller is outstanding at bringing life and clarity to Civ Pro concepts. On the other hand, Finz on Torts stumbles around a bit. These all trade well on EBay, so you can buy, use, and re-sell for good net deals.