Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer -- Need some advice  (Read 1119 times)

BB137

• View Profile
Transfer -- Need some advice
« on: June 02, 2005, 03:57:20 PM »
Hey all, I need some help. Does anyone know what the minimum credit hour requirements are for transfer students. I read on some schools websites that all transfer applicants must have 30 credit hours in order to be considered for transfer, then on other sites it claims students must have finished their first year of law school--What does that mean, credit wise? The program I am in at my school is set up so I will have 26 hours at the end of my second semester, and then pick up 6 hours in the summer. Does anyone know how this will affect my chances at a transfer. Thanks for all your replies in advance.

northerngirl

• View Profile
Re: Transfer -- Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 09:57:42 AM »
Some schools require a minimum amount and likely won't let you apply. Some one on the yahoo database from last year didn't get in to NYU and Columbia due to lack of credits. However, I believe some schools don't have minimum credits. Also, some schools also transfer into PT,so you would meet the credit standards there. You should make a list of the schools to which you want to apply and inquire about their minimum credits.