Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Going to Golden Gate  (Read 9663 times)

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
Going to Golden Gate
« on: June 01, 2005, 02:27:17 PM »
Hi My name is Jenn and I'll be starting at Golden Gate in the Fall of 2005 p/t (assuming I can get the aid to get in -- not sure if I have any viable co-signers).

I am really excited to be going to law school...

Anyone else attending now or planning to in the Fall.... lets do the roll call things and meet our new neighbors:)
Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

GGU blows

• View Profile
Re: Going to Golden Gate
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 06:46:33 PM »
i hope you're joking.

GGU blows

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 06:49:22 PM »
if you're not joking, i would suggest another career path. Golden Gate will prepare you well for a career as mcdonalds assistant manager, but not much else. HTH.

LawWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 09:27:39 PM »
if you're not joking, i would suggest another career path. Golden Gate will prepare you well for a career as mcdonalds assistant manager, but not much else. HTH.

Who are you to say something as obnoxious as "I would suggest another career path"?  A flunky who couldn't make the cut and golden gate rejected them?  Probably..., don't listen to this pluto, congratulations on your acceptance!  If you want to talk to some people excited to go to law school, drop by the Widener thread.

GGU blows

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 12:39:09 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA :D :D :D

Look chief, your reference to the widener thread exposes your TTT nature.  If i were you, i would find some office space near the local emergency room and lock in a low rent.

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 01:00:23 PM »
Thanks Law Warrior! I will stop by to say "hi" :D

AS I WAS SAYING,

My name is Jenn and I will be attending GGU in the fall. I went to UC Berkeley for undergrad and worked my way through school. I have four children(ages 5 years - 10 months) and a wonderful husband of 7 years. GGU will works out great for me as I didn't need to relocate my family, have my husband change jobs(he is a Senior System Admin for major Bay Area pharm co.)could stay in same house/neigborhood, still be a stay at home mommy,  ... and we could be close to our folks(my dad and  mother-in-law have cancer). I am hoping to find work in  pub int field after I graduate and pass the bar ....

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 11:35:32 AM »
Hi pluto!  I just had to see what was going on in this thread after you left that curious comment on the Widener thread.  Hopefully, you'll find more decent people with whom to converse.  But, I'm hoping "our old group" is still going to start a thread on the general board here to discuss our ls experiences.  When someone does, I'll be sure to visit this thread again and post the link for you... it just would be the same if everyone wasn't there.  Kinda like a reunion! ;D
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

kaligrrl79

• AOL Instant Messenger - kaligrrl79
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 02:58:45 PM »
Hey there Plutoeyore...

I will be attending GGU in the fall.  Are you by any chance going to the admitted students reception on the 17th?  I'm from So Cal so I will be making the long drive to attend.  Hopefully there will be some fairly normal admitted students and I can round up a roommate while I'm there. 

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 02:32:03 AM »
Yes, I am planning on going.....it should be crazy, as Al Gore is giving some sort of const society speech there on the same day at almost the same time as our reception!

LOL. Anyways, I am excited and hope besides the panels, etc they give everyone time to mingle...

I drive down to so cal a fair amount...myself,  hubby, and the kids love Disneyland way too much ... LOL

I actually like I5...how sad is that....

Hope to see you there!!!!!

and let me know if you need any help while your up here....

pen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 01:19:33 AM »

A note to GGUblows

I am a 1L at GGU who chose this school over some highly ranked Bay Area law schools. Bound for McDonalds you say? I am not. I am also not bound for the corporate whoring that would be more accessible had I attended your institution. That is also not my goal.

I CHOSE Golden Gate for one reason in particular… Golden Gate is paying for it. All of it. While, I will admit it was not an easy decision to make, it fits my goals and my financial needs. I have no silver spoon (and I am not presuming that all the arrogant characters here do, or that having one necessarily implies an attitude like yours). I worked to get here (no one name dropped so that I would be accepted to Boalt) and I want to use my JD to help other worthy people reach this goal.

If I were in the process of acquiring a ton of debt, my goals wouldn’t be attainable. I would be stuck being your colleague in  large firm, working 80 plus hours a week and making the equivalent of $5 per hour. McDonalds starting to sound more appealing?

I agree that a name means a lot is this profession of egos, but any educational experience is what you make of it. My education, as well as yours, is a privilege. Don’t get lost in your arrogance and forget that. While a career in law is different that McDonalds, you will still be serving the public. My inclination is that your arrogance may limit your ability to do that.

Good luck!