Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1L Summer Clerkship  (Read 4551 times)

frame of mind

• View Profile
Re: 1L Summer Clerkship
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 09:57:56 PM »
Big law firms here where I live just do not hire 1Ls. The most you can get is clerking for some suck-ass judge.
Although most law firms don't advertise it, pretty much ANY firm will take a 1L if they are impressed enough with the applicant's resume.

Theoretically yes!

... for some suck-ass judge

LOL! This is really cool!

istically

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2005, 06:57:53 PM »
Although most law firms don't advertise it, pretty much ANY firm will take a 1L if they are impressed enough with the applicant's resume.

Which boils down to finding a way to let 'em know of as many stats about your brain and other parts of your body as possible ...

lwr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 04:10:27 PM »
Somewhere in your e-mail address, maybe?

ruskiegirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 10:28:27 PM »

Which boils down to finding a way to let 'em know of as many stats about your brain and other parts of your body as possible ...

This is uncalled for.  If you think that it takes showing off your body to get a good law job, then you're as shallow and pathetic as the idiot who is going to hire you.

Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2005, 01:34:40 PM »
All the the resume considerations aside, I found working as a summer law clerk very enlightening. Frankly, I learned a lot and do not care about the resume so much. It didn't hurt that my school gave me a generous stipend to work at a public agency. :)

attchmntdsrdr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 08:35:08 PM »

This is uncalled for.  If you think that it takes showing off your body to get a good law job, then you're as shallow and pathetic as the idiot who is going to hire you.

Maybe they're not talking about THAT body part you're thinking of..

mona

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 10:47:05 PM »
Hahaha LOL