Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Albany vs CUNY I can't decide!  (Read 3652 times)

chill101

• View Profile
Albany vs CUNY I can't decide!
« on: May 27, 2005, 11:18:03 PM »
I am so confused I keep going back and forth between Albany and CUNY.  They both have their strong points and their weak points.  I am interested in international human rights and policy and I can develop parts of this at both schools, does anyone have an opinion?  Any suggestions would be helpful.

llb

• View Profile
Re: Albany vs CUNY I can't decide!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 03:19:03 PM »
Hi!
I also applied to Albany and CUNY.  I was offered the AAMPLE (discretionary admission) at Albany so that made my decision a lot easier!

Have you visited both campuses?  Have you determined the cost of attendance for each school including the cost of housing?

Albany has a great reputation throughout New York and it is New York's first law school whereas CUNY is just over 20 years old but very progressive.

Touch choice..

Best of luck!!

loulielawyer

• View Profile
Re: Albany vs CUNY I can't decide!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 03:39:54 PM »
So many things are going to factor into your decision that are based on your personal situation and circumstances.  I can only speak for my experience and decision to attend Albany based on the fact that the school really impressed me on many levels.  I have even been in contact with the Dean and he is very approachable.  You could e-mail him and ask him to provide you with any other information regarding your goal of focussing on human rights law. I am sure he would be able to provide important insight to the benefits of Albany Law.

His email is on the www.als.edu website under the faculty link.

Good luck with your decision and if you pick Albany feel free to post on the Albany class of 2008 thread or PM me. ;)