i have a few friends in the part-time evening program. as a general reply i can tell you:
1. the faculty that teaches at night are some of the best.
2. generally, more mature students, who are working, so they are a bit more competitive because they take their studies seriously.
3. generally more people from LI than out-of-state like the day division.
4. it's a real handicap not having legal writing during your first year (you take it in the summer) because most employers would like to see how you did in that course and a lot of employers want a writing sample.
5. all of the studnets who switched from the p/t evening to the full-time program were accepted, there was no screening process..although that may change next year.
hope that helps a bit, but if you have any specific questions, i can always ask my friends and see wwhat they say.