Law School Discussion

Laptop Bags

Laptop Bags
« on: May 27, 2005, 06:30:26 AM »
Anyone want to give me input on a good bag to carry my laptop and book?  I went shopping yesterday but I just fon't know the route I want to take. 

Re: Laptop Bags
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 06:36:56 AM »
What size and type of laptop do you have?  I've been contemplating this as well.  The pre-lae section has a great thread with suggestions.  Also, depends on if you wanna carry your books and stuff in the same bag as your laptop, or if you just want a bag dedicated just for the laptop.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 01:26:08 PM »
I have this Kensington bag that a bought a while ago on a lark, before I even had a laptop.  I'm not sure what model it is, but the greatest thing about it is the shoulder strap.  The actual part that goes over your shoulder is stretchable foam.  It's by far the most comfortable thing I'v ever worn on my shoulder, especially once you add weight in the bag.  Wouldn't necessarily recommend the bag, but definitely the shoulder strap. 

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 01:56:34 PM »
Watch out.  You do not want to be "Suitcase Girl or Guy."

Here's a post from "The Hate Board" - Annoying classmates:

Ok, so this one girl in my class pulls this f**ckING ENORMOUS suitcase with her wherever she goes. We have tiled floors in the hall which makes this rolling monstrosity ridiculously loud whenever she walks. 'Wtf is that? Is an airplane about to land on the roof?' No, that's just suitcase girl, pulling all of her worldly belongings to class with her, like those homeless people who put everything they have in shopping carts.

Suitcase Girl, what the f**ck is in there? You're going to CLASS, not to scale Mt. Kilimanjaro. Learn how to not be a f**cking retard, do they offer that as a class to 1Ls? They should.

And to the guy who uses a rolling backpack- you are a f**cking loser, pull your testicles out of your ass and learn how not to be a dipshit. Also never talk to me because I hate you and think you're a loser and a nerd. In your spare time, why don't you learn how to piss standing up.

dft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 03:54:46 PM »
Haha - that's hilarious.

Watch out.  You do not want to be "Suitcase Girl or Guy."

Here's a post from "The Hate Board" - Annoying classmates:

Ok, so this one girl in my class pulls this f**ckING ENORMOUS suitcase with her wherever she goes. We have tiled floors in the hall which makes this rolling monstrosity ridiculously loud whenever she walks. 'Wtf is that? Is an airplane about to land on the roof?' No, that's just suitcase girl, pulling all of her worldly belongings to class with her, like those homeless people who put everything they have in shopping carts.

Suitcase Girl, what the f**ck is in there? You're going to CLASS, not to scale Mt. Kilimanjaro. Learn how to not be a f**cking retard, do they offer that as a class to 1Ls? They should.

And to the guy who uses a rolling backpack- you are a f**cking loser, pull your testicles out of your ass and learn how not to be a dipshit. Also never talk to me because I hate you and think you're a loser and a nerd. In your spare time, why don't you learn how to piss standing up.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 06:44:21 AM »
two bag makes - krumpler and tom bihn, make really good laptop bags.  tom bihn especially makes good backpack/laptop combos that will keep ya looking stylish  while you lug all your stuff around.  their site is at www.tombihn.com.  Kinda pricey though if that's an issue.

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 04:21:56 PM »
First semester, I had a backpack and a laptop bag.  And a lunch bag when I purchased lunch.

Second semester, I streamlined down to a briefcase bag with many compartments and partitions for books and a laptop.  I carried books in my hand, and learned to reduce my load.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 06:51:01 PM »
all the cool lawyers will be using this for their laptop.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/817c/