Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NESL?  (Read 16385 times)

ghsv81

• View Profile
NESL?
« on: May 26, 2005, 11:46:46 PM »
Feeling this might be a "Lost" (yes I am big fan of the show) cause but oh well.. Any NESL 1L's come this fall out there?  Since I will be one of them thought why not post here.  Looking for conversation, ideas, anything really concerning the school or its incoming students... won't be surprised though if unanswered lol... lata!

pkjones

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NESL?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 04:03:02 PM »
I have bee surprised that there seems to be no one who is going to NESL on this board. As of right now I am planning on going unless I here from suffolk. I am on the waitlist at suffolk, although at this point I am not sure there is much hope and I have begun to feel really good about NESl. NESL is smaller and less expensive. I hope others who plan on going to NESL start to reply.

sallyjune

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 09:52:19 PM »
I'll be a 1L in the fall. just found a place to live in beacon hill with another 1L

ghsv81

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 10:36:08 PM »
I am glad people are finally responding to this discussion... and congrats Sally for finding a place to call home in Boston.  Looking forward come August when the real work begins lol!  Any other NESL soon to be 1L's out there?

Kiwi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 07:28:50 PM »
I just paid the tuition couple days ago. I will be attending evening classes. I was horrified by traffic and parking, but I think I'm going to like Boston pretty quick. People at the financial aid and admissions office were kind and attentive. Even people working (like a mailboy, security lady?) in the building (main building was under construction when I visited) were nice.

Can't wait to move to Boston!

ghsv81

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »
Kiwi,

Glad to hear another person is headed to NESL in a couple weeks from now. Very excited and looking forward to the whole experience as well.  Thanks for keeping this thread alive lol!

ghsv81

Kiwi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 05:40:33 PM »
 ;) ghsv81,

what do you do thesedays? i'm bored as hell. did you read any recommended books? like buffalo creek disaster(??) or any E&E's??  where are you from? already in boston?

well..too many questions at once..hehe.. i'm from canada and i'll be moving to boston in a couple of weeks. had a hard time to find a right place, and finally found one a few days ago.
by the way, i'm an evening part-time and looking for a F/T or P/T job in boston area. have no idea what the job markets are like in boston thesedays, but hopefully hearing from somewhere when i get to boston!!

i bet there are more NESL students here.. it seems like they only love to read..

ghsv81

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 12:07:08 AM »
Kiwi,

Glad there is someone open for discussion about NESL on this board.  I am a typical guy from the area and have lived in New England all my life.  Since I am taking out major loans, I will be living with-the-family to save money since we live so close to Boston (northshore) next year, and rent around Boston is way too much for me to afford.  Its not as bad as it sounds though, I have my own basement apartment with its own entrance, bathroom, and jacuzzi lol.  I will be a full time day student so will only see you around possibly in the library jk.  As for the readings, I have already read "A Civil Action" couple years back and plan to use the E & E's come this fall.  Outside of that I am trying to enjoy my summer and "beach it" for the next couple of weeks before we start.  Wish the best in moving and finding a p/t job...

ghsv81 

misssara

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 07:12:03 PM »
Hey cool, I just found this site and got strangely excited!  I'm headed to Boston next week to move in and such.  Can't wait to live in Boston again, but am kind of weary with not knowing anyone and all.  Hopefully that will change soon...
As for reccomended books I just finished A Civil Action, but I'm not sure how many of them we're really supposed to read... :o

gotta go get some packing done, but so exicted to have found y'all! ;D

sara

ghsv81

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 11:41:09 PM »
Sara,

Glad to hear from yet another soon-to-be NESL student on this website.  Are you from the south and new to Boston? lol (random guess)... Anyways hope the move/transition works out for you and now you can say you know atleast somone new from the area!

ghsv81