Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Albany - Class of 2008  (Read 22756 times)

namorcram

• View Profile
Re: Albany - Class of 2008
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2005, 01:58:50 PM »
Yeah, the packet itself is kind of interesting, and is more than just school/schedule info - it actually has several assignments that we're expected to read through and digest (including 4 cases dealing with the legal concepts of foreseeability and property owner liability) for the first day! What was more intimidating was my first bill, which rolled in to the tune of 17K. And, it says "Please make checks out to Albany Law School"... not from my checking account, I won't be...
I didn't realize that I needed to get yet another copy of my undergrad transcripts sent into the school, independently from anything we did with LSAC, so I've been getting that stuff done, oh, and we need our immunization records sent as well. :P It seems like all the work we did with the LSAC in order to make applications was just the beginning of a long and bureaucratic process...
And by the way, congrats yourself! Time to get prepared for a roller coaster ride that will last for the next several years!  ;)

sorcererofthesky

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2005, 11:58:07 AM »
Hey everyone.  I'm back to checking this forum again.  Glad to see a couple more ppl joining in.  Let me know what the plan is for meeting up.  I'd love to meet you guys.

cclemon

• 2.17,157 (aiya)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2005, 07:07:15 AM »
looks like a nice group is forming. how about we set a date a time and a place and whoever can show show? pick an event.. lunch? coffee? drinks? skydiving? does that sound good? I have no net access in albany yet. doing this from toronto. but hopefully will get dsl connected next week. oh and this may sound cheesy to you guys but what about introducing ourselves here online? like name age small background info? would give us maybe more to talk about when we all meet up. just a thought. :D
juristsayswhat?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2005, 09:29:27 AM »
Hey guys,

I do not move in to Albany until the 13th because I am living in the on campus apartments. I am not sure if you guys want to wait that long to meet up, but if you do I am up for meeting for a drink, or getting together for lunch or something.

I think writing a little bit about ourselves is a good idea, but I tend to be a bit long winded, so I apologize up front!

My name is Kim. I am 23 years old. I will turn 24 during orientation week! I have lived in NJ all my life, so I am looking forward to moving and trying something new. I am close to my friends and family, so I will miss them like crazy, but a 3 hour drive home is not that bad. Hopefully I have the time to get home every once and awhile.

In college I was a double major in Communication and Art with concentrations in Public Relations and Graphic Design. I did not take part in Greek life, but I was inducted into Lambda Pi Eta the communications honor society. I also held leadership positions in the student newspaper and the Public Relations Student Society of America. I worked two jobs my through college, as a marketing manager during the week and a customer service representative during the weekends.

After college, I got a job as a marketing manager for an international home décor company. Unfortunately, they went through a merger and I was laid off in December. In January I started working as a Program Director for the YWCA. I enjoy the job, but it is definitely not for me in the long run...my last day is Friday the 5th, so I am pretty excited about that!

I also went back to school for my masters degree after I graduated from undergrad. My masters is in Corporate and Public Communications. I did my mini dissertation/defense on the topic of Relational Development in Massively Multiplayer Online Role Play Games. I am in the midst of writing a book chapter on electronic tribalism. I have spoken at a few conferences about my thesis findings and my thesis is under review for publication. I love the topic of online communication and relationship development and since technology is always changing it is a fascinating topic to explore.

As for hobbies, I love to read (anything horror, mystery, or sci fi), I like hard rock/heavy metal/alternative music, and I enjoy going to concerts. I enjoy going for walks, painting, and photography. I can be really shy at times, but I open up pretty quickly once I get comfortable.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

xyz

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2005, 07:06:07 PM »
hey ya'll hope everybody is settling in ok. ready or not here it comes.

cclemon

• 2.17,157 (aiya)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2005, 04:31:44 PM »
just a heads up... my reading assignments were missing even numbered pages. the chick at ALS was very confused.. y'all probably already checked your stuff..but for those who procrastinate like me.. check it.
juristsayswhat?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2005, 05:01:30 PM »
just a heads up... my reading assignments were missing even numbered pages. the chick at ALS was very confused.. y'all probably already checked your stuff..but for those who procrastinate like me.. check it.

I had this problem also. I noticed it last week. They were pretty good about it. They sent me a new package ASAP. Apparently the pages are supposed to be double sided! Someone messed up the copying job.

Hope everyone is getting ready for orientation and moving if they have not done so yet. I am getting really nervous. Can't wait to meet you all.

Good luck!
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

cclemon

• 2.17,157 (aiya)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2005, 08:06:42 PM »
how is this thing read like 950 times and yet like less than 10 people are posting?  hmm... haven't gotten my assignment yet. eeek!!! but I did go out and buy a new laptop after  I spilt water all over my old one which two days later is working fine. how come when things are ironic it's always like a crappy coincidence? I'm moved in. living like a hermit. no car, no friends, no life. racking up my phone bill calling all kinds of time zones so if anyone wants to meet up for a drink ..I might actually regain some social skills.  :P
juristsayswhat?

sorcererofthesky

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2005, 10:42:02 PM »
hey cclemon,

Would meet up with you except I'm still moving stuff in so I'm back and forth between albany and jerzee.  I can't belive it's about to begin.  Still have to finish assignment too!  Look forward to mustering up social skills for everyone.

peter

cclemon

• 2.17,157 (aiya)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2005, 10:50:22 PM »
hey sorcerer,

thanks for the thought. where in jersey u from? I used to live in Bergen County. I got my homework today and am finding it hard to stay awake reading it. this is scary. I wonder what they're serving for breakfast next week. oh here's a question, what do u think people will be wearing? casual I hope. ok..have fun moving. I'm so bored I can help you if you want.
 8)
juristsayswhat?