Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Albany - Class of 2008  (Read 23258 times)

cclemon

• 2.17,157 (aiya)
    • View Profile
Re: Albany - Class of 2008
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2005, 03:15:29 PM »
!!!loulie!!!  you'll be there a few days before me. I get there tuesday then am off to toronto. don't worry we'll still have lots of time to get good and buzzed ..i mean Ready.. for school. in three years we'll be like.. puh-leeze..it was cake!!
juristsayswhat?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2005, 05:53:04 PM »
I will be moving up on Saturday the 13th. If you guys want to get together before orientation begins, I would love to join you! :)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

cclemon

• 2.17,157 (aiya)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2005, 11:31:33 PM »
that would be great!!! hopefully I'll have my phone line and DSL running by then.
juristsayswhat?

loulielawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 10:24:03 AM »
Well then Miss CC. You will probably be heading back to Toronto around the time I am.  Email me for my phone # so we can finally meet!

I need someone who knows their way around Albany to pick the spot where we can all meet up for some beverages.  Who has a good plan?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 11:33:16 AM »
I was in Albany for about a week in June. There are a TON of places in the area if you want to meet up for a drink. Wolf Road has a ton of restaurants and malls and what not. It is mostly chain restaurants, but they all serve liquor. Then there was a road near the SUNY Albany campus that had a really fun outside bar. The food was pretty good there too. I am drawing a blank on the name of the bar, but I am sure it will come to me.

I know a few other people who are going to be attending Albany, not sure when they are all moving down though, but they should be situated by the weekend before orientation starts.

Hope to see your guys soon! :)

loulielawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2005, 11:54:54 AM »
Sounds good Shadow!  You can send me a PM and we can make plans.  Orientation sounds pretty intense! 8:30 to 5:30 every day!  Did you guys get the package in the mail yet?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2005, 12:47:36 PM »
Hi Louie,

I sent you a PM. I have not gotten any info about orientation yet. I hope there is some time in that schedule to kick back and figure out a bit about the area.

Did you get a schedule yet, or do you know what classes we will be taking during the first semester. I tried to find it on their website, but I could not find it.

~K

cclemon

• 2.17,157 (aiya)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2005, 11:48:16 PM »
 :D :D I'm so psyched!!!  ;D ;D

wonder where they'll be mailing my package. what's in the package loulie? I say shadowcreeper lead the way to the bar. 8:30 to 5:30 everyday??? criikey!!
still..can"t wait!!!
juristsayswhat?

namorcram

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2005, 12:09:26 AM »
Hey - I just found out that I'm attending Albany myself just recently (pulled off the waitlist :P)!

I live in Albany, so if you guys need any recommendations for any local stores or anything, let me know. I'm trying to get as much done now as possible - I was hoping to do the four year program, but my employer got all funny on me as they couldn't see how law school was job related (I'm in computer networking currently...), so I'm probably leaving them and am bracing for the complete-immersion-full-time program. Excitement + panic is pretty much how I feel right now! I finished the assignment for the first day, and am actually relieved that it wasn't any harder than it was. My first taste of Law School :D! I still need to get my transcripts and immunizations sent over, plus do the financial aid dance that most people seem to need to go through (my first time - undergrad was paid for in cash 8)). Not getting a full scholarship is a complete pain in the ass :P)!

Well, if anybody is up for a social, let me know, and good luck to everyone who is on their way!

P.S. Does everybody plan on having a laptop? I'm just about to lose my work one, but am thinking it's almost a requirement to have one for class....

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2005, 08:15:48 AM »
Namo,

Congrats on your acceptance!! You already got the information packet. I am still waiting for mine. I got accepted on Monday of last week. Hopefully it gets here soon, I am dieing to know all of the details.

I was also thinking about going part time and getting a full time job while out there, but the part time class schedule was very weird. It was either 8 to 12 or 1 to 5. I knew I could not get a good full time job working around those hours. Instead I am going to go full time. Which is really exciting for me because through undergrad I worked 2 jobs at a time, and when I went for my masters I was working full time. I still plan on getting a part time job, but I was told we could only work 20 hours a week tops, so it will be different having all of this extra time.

I am also waiting on my tuition letter to scope out all of the financial aid stuff. I remember filling out all of the forms a few months ago, but other than that I have no idea.

It would be great to meet you all for a drink or for lunch or something before orientation. Would be nice to have a few farmiliar faces during orientation.

~K