Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Albany - Class of 2008  (Read 23016 times)

sorcererofthesky

• View Profile
Re: Albany - Class of 2008
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2005, 09:05:09 PM »
Hey, got another Albany Law bound student here.  My god, just got back to jersey from apt hunting in Albany.  Grueling drive.  Good to hear that orientation isn't a total drag.  You guys meeting up for orientation?

loulielawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2005, 10:14:25 AM »
Hey Sorcerer,

Nice to meet you! We have no definite plans to meet as of yet but it is definitely on both of our agendas.

How long is the drive to Jersey from Albany?  My drive is 5 1/2 hours.  Not too bad until the snow flies in winter time.....

Did you find a decent apartment?

sorcererofthesky

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2005, 10:55:39 AM »
Yeah, I found a couple.  Going to make a decision today or tomorrow on which one.  The drive from Northern Jersey is about 2 to 2.5 hrs.  Well, keep me posted on the plans for orientation.  I might have a couple other guys that are interested in meeting up.  By the way, does everyone attend the same orientation or are we split into sections from the very start?

loulielawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2005, 12:10:36 PM »
2 hours! Man you are lucky.  It will not be so quick for me.  That is nice that you already know a few people coming to Albany.  Just so you know CC Lemon and I are females.  I get the feeling that you think I am a dude.

I have no idea how the orientation thing will go and if we will be split into sections right off the bat.  We will have to wait and see. I wish I could get my schedule!

xyz

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 03:28:27 PM »
whats up ya'll just spent the past week up in albany setting up apt. and what not. 3 moves in the past 3 years and i'm ready to stay in one place for a while. at any rate other than it being brutally hot, was able to hang out at a local bar with some students from APC albany pharmacy colllege- granted they were probably underage and that made me feel like an old man otherwise fun time, seems that during the school year there are a lot more people around.

i'll be bouncing up to albany a few days a week, so if anybody is up there, wants to grab a bite or a beer send a message.

cclemon

• 2.17,157 (aiya)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 12:31:58 PM »
i'm still in the land of smiles and obscene humidity so as soon as I get to albany..BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEER!  man i now wish i had gone there and looked at a place before getting it. what horror awaits me there?  :'(
oh well, just for a year until then tho, BEER!!!! let"s All go out for beer before orientation. or drink beer AT orientation. is that allowed? I don'ty know if i can deal with drinking with underage college kids xyz, I already feel pretty old as it is in law school. ahh well.. less than 2 weeks, countdown time! loulie , you all set?
juristsayswhat?

cclemon

• 2.17,157 (aiya)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2005, 08:46:18 PM »
serious question for a sec.. anyone here tried LEEWs? I got the cd but haven't had time to use it yet. Just want to know if it's helpful and if it should be done before school starts. It makes more sense to me that way since after school starts I'm totally expecting an avanlanche of work. any other books anyone read that was helpful? I recommend the E&E series. found it very straightforward. 
juristsayswhat?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2005, 06:40:37 PM »
Just wanted to say hi. I will be attending Albany in the fall. Just found out that I gained admission through the AAMPLE program, and I am really excited. Hope to see you all there!
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

cclemon

• 2.17,157 (aiya)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2005, 10:04:22 PM »
congrats shadowcreeper!!!! read your blog a while back.. great job!
juristsayswhat?

loulielawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2005, 12:25:45 PM »
This is what I am talking about! We should definitely all go for a beer! I am going to Albany on Sunday and I will be setting up my apartment until Wednesday or Thursday.  Will everyone be there yet?

I am ready CC.............uhhh at least I think I am!?!