Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Widener Harrisburg  (Read 10208 times)

niki1244

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm a dumbass . . .
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2005, 08:11:51 AM »
I focused so much on the Intro schedule (7:00 p.m. start) that I completely missed the larger schedule with "orientation/registration" (4:00/5:00 p.m. start) on it and missed registration!  Luckily, it wasn't a big deal and I just have to go to the Admissions office and fill out some paperwork but boy did I freak out when they called me and asked if I was still planning to attend!  Way to start off law school, eh?  Plus, when I showed up for class it looked like a lot of people had met others already - not me!  Oh well.  I'm pretty outgoing so I'm not too worried about meeting people.

PeonM - I too am in Section N.  We will meet soon I'm sure.

I bought my books yesterday, bought new, and my grand total was $673.  ICK  >:(  Necessary evil I suppose.

What did everyone think of their first Intro class?  I have Professor Fruth who seems very fair and not overly aggressive.  I wouldn't mind her for Legal Methods, but then again I don't know any of the other professors yet so I have no point of reference. 

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a dumbass . . .
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2005, 09:02:14 AM »
I focused so much on the Intro schedule (7:00 p.m. start) that I completely missed the larger schedule with "orientation/registration" (4:00/5:00 p.m. start) on it and missed registration!  Luckily, it wasn't a big deal and I just have to go to the Admissions office and fill out some paperwork but boy did I freak out when they called me and asked if I was still planning to attend!  Way to start off law school, eh?  Plus, when I showed up for class it looked like a lot of people had met others already - not me!  Oh well.  I'm pretty outgoing so I'm not too worried about meeting people.

PeonM - I too am in Section N.  We will meet soon I'm sure.

I bought my books yesterday, bought new, and my grand total was $673.  ICK  >:(  Necessary evil I suppose.

What did everyone think of their first Intro class?  I have Professor Fruth who seems very fair and not overly aggressive.  I wouldn't mind her for Legal Methods, but then again I don't know any of the other professors yet so I have no point of reference. 

Hey, don't worry about it!! You still have all week to get acclamated. I thought the class was okay; Prof. Scott was very nice, although I was tired by the end!!

I am just excited to finally be getting started!!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Widener Harrisburg
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2005, 10:33:47 AM »
Niki,

That sounds like something I would do. My first day of undergrad I missed my first class completely because I read the campus map wrong. Rutgers is a big school.

Regarding my professor. I had Lee. He was hilarious and seems like a great guy. Since he wanted our first experience speaking in law school to be stress free he had us go around the room introducing ourselves. On top of that he was very clear and concise.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2005, 08:55:58 AM »
Niki,

That sounds like something I would do. My first day of undergrad I missed my first class completely because I read the campus map wrong. Rutgers is a big school.

Regarding my professor. I had Lee. He was hilarious and seems like a great guy. Since he wanted our first experience speaking in law school to be stress free he had us go around the room introducing ourselves. On top of that he was very clear and concise.

I had Lee over the summer and he's great! I am really glad I have him for Torts again this semester. He is doing the lecture tonight; should liven things up a bit! :D

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2005, 09:32:33 AM »
I know, I'm actually looking foward to the first half of class tonight. In the coming semesters I'm going to try to take classes that he's teaching.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2005, 10:02:03 AM »
I know, I'm actually looking foward to the first half of class tonight. In the coming semesters I'm going to try to take classes that he's teaching.

How about that lady who lectured last night? She was talking so fast; I could barely keep up!

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2005, 11:12:49 AM »
Yeah, I know. I'm just glad I read the material. Its terribly boring though. Its like American Government 101 all over again. She's my Legal Methods professor. Atleast she seemed nice.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2005, 01:30:42 PM »
Yeah, I know. I'm just glad I read the material. Its terribly boring though. Its like American Government 101 all over again. She's my Legal Methods professor. Atleast she seemed nice.

Yeah, I read it too, and it was a real snooze fest for the most part. But at least I majored in Music in college, so I need a review on this course more than people who majored in something like poli sci.

niki1244

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2005, 03:50:59 PM »
That was Professor Fruth last night - I have her for the breakout skills sessions and I really like her.  I was having a devil of a time hearing her last night (that was me that raised my hand and said I couldn't hear her near the end) so I am bringing my hearing aids tonight!  She is 100% understandable in the smaller groups - she also seems like she is really fair and very realistic as well. 

I am looking forward to hearing Lee speak tonight - he sounds very interesting! 

I don't know if we all have the same books for Civ Pro but part of the first assignment reading for my section (N) is all the same stuff we are learning in Intro re: court systems and government.  We will all know it like the back of our hands shortly! 

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2005, 11:16:39 PM »
I really enjoyed the second part of our class. It was a great way to get introduced to briefing, outlining, and analyzing without the intimidation that you hear normally accompanies law classes.