Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Widener Harrisburg  (Read 10785 times)

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Widener Harrisburg
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 10:57:14 PM »
Another thing. The books on the reading list are great. I just finished A Civil Action a couple weeks ago. It is definitly one of the best books I've ever read. Just thought I'd share that.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 10:35:03 AM »
Another thing. The books on the reading list are great. I just finished A Civil Action a couple weeks ago. It is definitly one of the best books I've ever read. Just thought I'd share that.

Gideon's Trumpet is a good one, too.
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 05:15:42 PM »

It has been out of my county library for most of the summer. Have you read One L by Scott Turow yet? I've been meaning to start it soon.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 09:23:20 AM »

It has been out of my county library for most of the summer. Have you read One L by Scott Turow yet? I've been meaning to start it soon.

Yes, I read that, too. It was an entertaining read. I have Gideon's Trumpet; I bought it used for about $1. If you want it, I will send it to you!

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 06:15:14 PM »
I think I am in Section N but I don't have my schedule in front of me at the moment so I am not 100%.

My official move date is July 30th but I probably will be back and forth the first week in August.  I am out of the country from Aug 6 - 13 so I suppose will be officially 100% full-time on August 13th when I get back from my trip.

I had the bookstore ship me my books for Orientation/Intro to Law so hopefully that will help me be on top of everything.  I am hoping at least one or two first assignments are released before I leave on August 6th!!   

Niki,
So, I guess if i just call they will ship me the books? Because I can see on the website this semester's books aren't up yet.

PeonM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 12:49:05 AM »
Hey you guys,

I'm going to be an entering 1L at Harrisburg as well.

I just signed my lease at Penn Place on Chestnut Street, and the leasing manager told me that something like 8 entering Widener students also signed their lease here as well.

Anyways, I'm moving in on August 10th, and I was actually in Harrisburg yesterday to try to hunt down some furnitures for my future dwelling, you guys have any suggestions on where to buy or rent?

-PeonM

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 12:53:09 AM »
I bought most of my furniture in NJ. I hit up IKEA. Great furniture at affordable prices. If you have a chance to get to Philly there's an IKEA there.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 10:08:09 AM »
I wish they would put our books up on the website. I am anxious to just order them and get that out of the way.

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2005, 09:23:13 PM »
I know I asked this before, but it seems a few more people discovered this site since then. So, when is everyone moving to Harrisburg? I'll be there this saturday.

P.S. Does anyone know what there is to do in Harrisburg, or the names of any good restaurants?

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2005, 11:33:04 AM »
I know I asked this before, but it seems a few more people discovered this site since then. So, when is everyone moving to Harrisburg? I'll be there this saturday.

P.S. Does anyone know what there is to do in Harrisburg, or the names of any good restaurants?

Well, I will be commuting from Philly, but I do know that right by the school there is a Macaroni Grill, Damon's, Applebees, Your Place, and some other stuff. I don't know about any restaurants in downtown Harrisburg, but I would think there would at least be some good, trendy, restaurants.

Good luck on your moves everyone!!