Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Widener Harrisburg  (Read 10590 times)

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Widener Harrisburg
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2005, 03:43:18 PM »
Thanks, I got some concrete screws from Loews this morning. Now I have sheleves up and a place for my books.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2005, 10:25:09 AM »
Hey guys,

I know this sounds very high school, but what are you wearing on the first day of orientation??
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 01:59:14 PM »
Hey guys,

I know this sounds very high school, but what are you wearing on the first day of orientation??

haha, I wanted to ask that myself. I'm glad you had the guts to. I haven't decided yet. Do we have to "dress up," or can we wear jeans and t-shirts? I thought these decisions ended my senior year of high school, guess not.

Additionally, has anyone purchased all of their books yet? If so what was the total?

P.S. The closest Bank of America to Harrisburg is 30 miles away. That sucks.

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 06:36:33 PM »
I was told on another thread to go clean, which is a real bummer because I hadn't planned on bathing that week  ;)  but not to go so dressed as to be mistaken for Elle Woods.  So, I will be going to the DE campus Orientation in nice jeans and a twin set.  I chose the twin set because Widener DE tends to be extremely cold and I can wear the sweater inside, but take it off when I'm outside.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2005, 10:03:14 AM »
I was told on another thread to go clean, which is a real bummer because I hadn't planned on bathing that week  ;)  but not to go so dressed as to be mistaken for Elle Woods.  So, I will be going to the DE campus Orientation in nice jeans and a twin set.  I chose the twin set because Widener DE tends to be extremely cold and I can wear the sweater inside, but take it off when I'm outside.

Yeah, layering is always a good idea. I did that this summer during TAP because it was, like a million degrees outside and arctic inside. I have not decided on what I will wear yet.

Scott,

I bought my books yesterday. Now I am only going part time, which means I don't have Property basically, but my books came to about $550.00. There were 14 books total, including the intro class. It sucks for me because the Torts book I used this summer is a different edition than the one we're using this fall. I know I probably could have managed with it, but I figure for a whole year I will use this book so I want it to be the right one. Sucks though!!

Oh, and on the book list is the novel A Civil Action, so buy that on Amazon if you don't have it. I have read that book and used to have a copy, but I can't find it anywhere! So I just bought it on Amazon for $0.46.

I am sure you would be fine in a nice t-shirt and jeans. I haven't decided what I am wearing yet, but I am sure I will be casual.

I am really getting excited!

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2005, 03:37:36 PM »
I was just at the bookstore this afternoon. I bought all my books new and it cost me $640. The property book was $110. Its always painful to buy textbooks.

PeonM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2005, 12:49:48 AM »
Hey you all,

I'm actually gonna be moving into Harrisburg today :)

I've cleared it up with the registrar, and will be heading to campus to buy the books on Thursday morning.

Anyways, hope to see you all there soon.

-PeonM

Oh btw Scott, I'm also a Bank of America customer, and I think I will be switching to Commerce Bank will I arrive at H-Burg.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2005, 09:26:42 AM »
Hey you all,

I'm actually gonna be moving into Harrisburg today :)

I've cleared it up with the registrar, and will be heading to campus to buy the books on Thursday morning.

Anyways, hope to see you all there soon.

-Peon

Oh btw Scott, I'm also a Bank of America customer, and I think I will be switching to Commerce Bank will I arrive at H-Burg.

I use Commerce Bank. It is pretty decent, and certainly is close to the school.

PeonM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2005, 05:48:28 PM »
Hey you guys,

Got my schedule and my books yesterday, looks like I will be in Section N ;D

I also got the our first Intro to Law packet from the secretary, but I'm really confused about the assignment that is due for our first day of class.

I'm assuming that we have to read Gov't Structure Readings pp 16 -19 ( up to "B...") and also Case Briefing Material ( in packet pp. i - vi) Through Messa v. Sullivan.. right?

Please let me know, the way they set up the syllabus is a little confusing to me.. THANKS!

- PeonM

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2005, 09:05:34 AM »
Hey you guys,

Got my schedule and my books yesterday, looks like I will be in Section N ;D

I also got the our first Intro to Law packet from the secretary, but I'm really confused about the assignment that is due for our first day of class.

I'm assuming that we have to read Gov't Structure Readings pp 16 -19 ( up to "B...") and also Case Briefing Material ( in packet pp. i - vi) Through Messa v. Sullivan.. right?

Please let me know, the way they set up the syllabus is a little confusing to me.. THANKS!

- PeonM

Yep, that sounds right. I am reading it all before we start since I work during the day and have no time to read the assignments during that week. None of the assignments are bad, except the reading in the packet for Tuesday (19-73 or whatever it is) gets a little dry at the end.

See you all tomorrow!!! ;D