Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: traffic ticket_sorry but i have to ask  (Read 1977 times)

irishsport08

• View Profile
traffic ticket_sorry but i have to ask
« on: May 19, 2005, 10:00:26 PM »
Sorry, but I have to ask:

Hey, can someone push me in some direction. I just got a ticket for running a red light, on the ticket it is marked as a violation section 3111 of the pennsylvania vehicle code,obedience to traffic control devices. Is there any way I can fight this ticket. The officer said that he knew I ran a red light because he was first at the intersection and his light was green. Does pennsylvania have a maitenance requirement for traffic lights or traffic devices. Or is there a possible delay? If so, what section can I find the regulations in of the vehicle code. Any help would be great - thanks.

DutchessA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: traffic ticket_sorry but i have to ask
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:57:35 PM »
In the city I live in they just changed it so that you can be in an intersection when the light turns red, but your back tires have to be over the last line of the crosswalk...If you run through and you haven't completely crossed the crosswalk, and the light turns red you're the owner of a $230 ticket...

Learned the hardway...but, officer did give me the ticket...but, I think it is on a state by state basis...so be sure to check that part..

3Ldude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 12:35:53 AM »
Research something called an improper equipment violation...it'll get rid of liscense/insurance points... you'll have to pay the fine though

il Principe

• The Archon of Protocol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 05:16:28 PM »
Sorry, but I have to ask:

Hey, can someone push me in some direction. I just got a ticket for running a red light, on the ticket it is marked as a violation section 3111 of the pennsylvania vehicle code,obedience to traffic control devices. Is there any way I can fight this ticket. The officer said that he knew I ran a red light because he was first at the intersection and his light was green. Does pennsylvania have a maitenance requirement for traffic lights or traffic devices. Or is there a possible delay? If so, what section can I find the regulations in of the vehicle code. Any help would be great - thanks.

You just need to pay the blasted ticket.  The Cop will testify in court his light was green.  I don't care where you live, if one light is one color, the other light is a different color. 
"The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar" - Evelyn Waugh