Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: If you are attending U of A next year  (Read 5789 times)

sleazyd

• LSAT: 165 UGPA: 3.6
    • View Profile
If you are attending U of A next year
« on: May 19, 2005, 09:36:39 PM »
Holla at me...on this board or otherwise

I will be a 1L next Summer/Fall

dinobuddy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: If you are attending U of A next year
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 01:11:18 AM »
Holla. There's a chance I might defer, but most likely, I'll be there @ Aug. 1. There's more of me on lawschoolnumbers.com look for dinobuddy.

Bear down,
Andrew

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 01:15:24 AM »
I'm 100% sure that I'll be there. Are you guys going to do the Bridge program?

sleazyd

• LSAT: 165 UGPA: 3.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 03:15:47 AM »
i'm not doing bridge...what are you guys doing to search for a place to live

i want to get a 1 BR and I am wondering if I should fly down in july or are there leasing agents that can help you find a nice place? 

What are you guys doing?

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 02:09:49 AM »
I found a place her- they're new apartments that are going up about 4 miles north of campus: www.seasonstucson.com
-They will be ready for move in the first week of August.

As far as finding an apartment through an agent, I think you really have to see the place yourself, before you can really decide. There are so many areas of town where you don't want to live, even though the apartment itself can look good, the area is terrible. For example, west of I-10- there are nice aparments, but the area is run-down and you end up always driving back from across town just to go out to a restaurant.

I know a lot of students live on River road between 1st and Campbell. There are several large apartment complexes there and a new one is opening up in July right on River about a block east of Campbell (can't think of name right now, sorry)

Good Luck and just don't live on the west side or too far east or south (anything past Swan is too far and don't live too far south- anything past Broadway is too far)

uagirliegirl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 12:02:19 AM »
deleted

dinobuddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 03:39:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the bridge program. I've been doing mind-numbing work for the past few years and any warm-up exercises before the semester will be very helpful. Right now I'm living in Korea, so I thought that getting housing in absentia would be a huge ordeal, but it was actually very easy. I managed to get all the lease paperwork done by fax (and mailing in a deposit check). I went to UA for UG, so I know the area around campus, and when I found this place right in the middle of the University Blvd. shopping district, I jumped on it. There is a housing guide full of PDF's at wildcat.arizona.edu, look on the right side of the page for the link. I look forward to meeting everyone and hope you (we) all settle in easily.

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 10:06:21 PM »
Ok guys here's the scoop..  I've lived in Tucson 20-some years, went to HS and am a U of A grad.  Needless to say I know this place a little too well.

As mentioned, there are some bad places (like every city).  What most U of A people don't realize is that there are some stunningly beautiful places too (the views and area).  The best area to live in that's reasonable to campus is the La Paloma area.  The main apartment complex in this area is The Legends.  The Legends is 15 minutes from school, in a completely crime free area, high end shopping/restaurants (Flemmings, Coach, Cole Haan, etc) surrounded by million dollar plus homes, and next to the luxury Westin La Paloma resort.  This is where I would live if I had to pick an apartment for school.

My second choice would be Summerlin Villas located on Camp Lowell and Swan.  This neighborhood isn't as good as the Legends, but the area is quite good and new and the apartments are very nice.  You're looking at about 10 minutes from campus.

The area on River between Campbell and First is a very nice area with PF Changs, my favorite place. :)  The problem is the area is very well known by undergrads, and you can run into problems with noisy neighbors.  The apartments in that area are also becoming old, so be a little more cautious.

If you don't mind a further drive, the Greens and and other apartments next to Lowes Ventana Canyon are great too.  Looking at a 20-25 minute drive there.

Good luck everyone at Arizona!  I met with Dean Holpert many times about my law school decision, and I can tell you there are some great and genuine people there!  I'm going to USD just so I can experience another area, but I wish I could bring the U of A law school out there with me. :)
USD 2L