Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Do you think admissions officials ever read through our posts?

All the time for entertainment
 3 (12.5%)
Never, they are way too busy reviewing my application
 5 (20.8%)
Never. Do they do anything at all?
 7 (29.2%)
All the time, and they try to match the sceen names with the applicants
 2 (8.3%)
Sometimes, when they want to see reactions to the pile of rejections they recently placed in the mail
 1 (4.2%)
Admissions officials are excellent moral examples and would never read through our posts unless they think they can help
 1 (4.2%)
Never. It would be a conflict of interest
 0 (0%)
I am an admissions official
 5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Should I sell my 1L text books?  (Read 854 times)

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
Should I sell my 1L text books?
« on: May 19, 2005, 09:02:39 AM »
I'm not sure yet if I'm going to sell my 1L text books yet. Wondering what other people are doing and thoughts why or why not.

jdohno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Should I sell my 1L text books?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 10:02:47 AM »
You are never going to use your first year casebooks again. The cases in them are heavily edited so you will never look at again in practice. I bought two of my casebooks on Ebay for well below what they were selling it for in the bookstore. And this year, I am selling everything but the Bluebook. I'm going to sell my books closer to August and September. A 2L told me he did that and got a lot of money for his casebook because people go to the bookstore first and then to the internet second looking for bargains.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to sell my 1L text books yet. Wondering what other people are doing and thoughts why or why not.

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 11:07:46 AM »
Sell them.  I took mine to book buyback and the guy offered me about $35 for the whole stack.  I put them on the web, and so far I've made $200. 

kristin1644

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 11:12:30 AM »
I sold back one book and got $50 for it.  I also gave one to someone who started in the spring (I guess I have a good heart  :P).  I kept the UCC, the Restatements for Contracts, and the BlueBook--things that aren't really going to change much in the next few years.  If you can get money for them, by all means sell them!