Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Appalachian School of Law. Anyone know anything about it?  (Read 1236 times)

steve23ucsb

• View Profile
Appalachian School of Law. Anyone know anything about it?
« on: May 16, 2005, 04:52:23 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Appalachian School of Law or the town of Grundy?

stoleyda

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Appalachian School of Law. Anyone know anything about it?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 05:55:38 PM »
I'm headed there this fall.  I've been down a couple of times to view apartments.  You would be surprised how expensive they are.  One bedrooms are going for $500 to $600.  Be sure to bring your kayak or bike…..it doesn’t seem like there’s much else to do there. 

kelly_andrade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 07:19:13 PM »
     I don't know anything about Appalachian, but the poster who said that $500-$600 for a one-bedroom apartment is expensive is delusional. A one bedroom around where I live would be, on average, around $1,000; and that would not be in the best of neighborhoods.

steve23ucsb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 05:47:52 PM »
Yes it is... a few years back.

rick8481

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm In!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 09:56:16 AM »
The poster who said that a 500-600 dollar apt is not delusional.  The place is a ghost town.  I live in a two bedroom that is 495 a month.  That is like someone saying I am delusional b/c I think a 500 dollar apt in the boondocks is expensive because a 1 BR in Boston is 1000 dollars. 
3.1  157
Accepted: Mercer, Stetson, Florida Coastal w/ $$$
A**holes: Georgia State 
Wait Listed: UGA,
Hold:  FSU

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=rick8481

abomb

• AOL Instant Messenger - smackxcp
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (Abomb's Legalease)
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 11:38:21 AM »
whoever said that the thinking 5-600 for an apartment in Grundy is ridiculous should really get out of the city a bit more. Apartment costs vary greatly by area. The apartment I currently live in is a spacious two bedroom in a no-where suburb of Akron, and I pay 410 a month, water and trash pickup included. The apartment I've got for law school in Columbus is 520 a month, its only a 1br and is not spacious at all. For a town like Grundy, of which Ghost Town was a very accurate description, 500 is outrageous. You should be able to find something cheaper, and I'd be willing to bet you could rent a house for not much more there.