Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?  (Read 28113 times)

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?
« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2005, 08:52:25 PM »
I'm not in section C but, I do have someone by your name in my torts class, and you have no idea how much I would like to meet you!  ;D  There is literally no one in my current section in that class... I have check the list of names.

So... how do you suggest we know each other?  I know I'm wearing a pink widener hat.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

benwallace

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2005, 10:03:22 PM »
Great - I will find you then.

Btw - How did you get a list of people and which class they are in...is this on the internet or list-serv somewhere?

I think I have torts T/W/Friday from 12-1:15pm

See you tomorrow!
bw.

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2005, 10:12:26 PM »
Great!

As for your question:
  First, go to www.law.widener.edu and click on the link in the upper right hand corner that says campus cruiser
  Next, you will need your username and password that you have probably picked up from ITS by now.
  Then you will see in the middle of the screen links to your classes.
  Once you are in a particular class, on the left hand side of the screen there will be options to look at your syllabus (none are up yet) or email members and such.  This is the list I used.

By the way, a lot of people don't like campus cruiser, and choose to forward their email to another address... I wrote instructions to do that and I can email them to you if you want.  I don't mind campus cruiser, and I use it.

drhomer

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2005, 10:46:54 PM »
Good luck everybody on this major "exam" we have tomorrow :o

I am pretty sure it will be the same thing as today, but with a different hypo. 

No worries.....

I don't know if i can make it to the picnic tomorrow, but if i do, i'll see you all there.

3.71/167 3rd Year Medical Student

In: Full $$$ at Widener, Temple ($10k/year), Villanova ($13k/year), USC, NYU
Jerks: GULC, Yale
Wait List: PENN

SuaSponte

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2005, 11:04:18 PM »

S- How did everybody do on his exam though? I did my reading for the class on monday and was completely lost! Do you recommended any specific aids? Thanks!

G-

Of the people I have spoken to, the highest I know anyone got was I think a B- and the lowest was an F. Of course there had to be higher grades in the class, I just dont personally know anyone that got one.

as for study aides, I would suggest Gilberts. You will probably be lost for a while. It does take time to understand things but dont worry. I would suggest if you dont understand what you read, then read it again. Eventually things should start to click. It seems hard but it does get better and easier, I promise.

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2005, 09:35:28 AM »

S- How did everybody do on his exam though? I did my reading for the class on monday and was completely lost! Do you recommended any specific aids? Thanks!

G-

Of the people I have spoken to, the highest I know anyone got was I think a B- and the lowest was an F. Of course there had to be higher grades in the class, I just dont personally know anyone that got one.

as for study aides, I would suggest Gilberts. You will probably be lost for a while. It does take time to understand things but dont worry. I would suggest if you dont understand what you read, then read it again. Eventually things should start to click. It seems hard but it does get better and easier, I promise.

Thanks!

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2005, 01:43:47 PM »
g, ben, doc... sorry I missed you today.  I didn't feel like sticking around when everyone was trying to find a seat to eat.  It's better outside.  I'm sure I'll meet you sometime, actually, I think I already introduced myself to you doc.  Have a good weekend everyone!

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2005, 10:36:39 PM »
Civ. Pro. with Nivala... is anyone briefing the two subsequent cases after Fuentes?  Mitchell and the GA case?

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2005, 08:21:07 PM »
Ok, I'll admit it, I'm a little upset with the second year students in Property I.  Here is why:
  1.  They answer the questions before I have a chance to even think about answering.  This has several consequences:
     A.  I cannot participate at the level I should/would and this could affect whether I get a professor's discretionary "plus up" grade.
     B.  I cannot "arrive" at an answer myself the way they insist is such an asset to the socratic method; therefore, this could potentially affect my ultimate lawyering skills.
  2.  I don't know how they will affect the curve.  If they are deemed as part of section "A" then, in my opinion, this is unfair.  Consider the fact that this curve depends on the assumption that we are all the same starting out, when in fact they are much more advanced.  These students  have at least twelve doctrinal credits under their belt, and four exams.  This is a lot more experience than any first year student has, and most people tell me that they do better on tests after their first semester, simply because they have the experience.  Couple that with the fact that they have also had Legal Methods, which hones the technique one needs for answering exam questions.  That just goes against fair play... especially since none of those students accepting scholarships from this school were aware of the true conditions they would be under to maintain their GPA requirement.

Now that I have that off my mind... I would also like to add that there are 16 potential second year students in our class.  I am in the process of verifying that number.

I am thinking about trying to ask how the "curve" is applied, and if they separate the second year students in the section in order to make a fair playing field.  I'm not sure who to ask... the registrar?  the professor?  Any suggestions?  Please keep in mind that I don't want to piss anyone off either.

Oh... and if any of you were wondering, no, I don't have anything better to do on a Friday night.  Maybe we can get together for a burger or something.

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2005, 09:22:43 PM »
I have no idea about this, except that I think they're on their own curve.  I just wanted to point out that you *outlined your greivances*.   ;)