Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?  (Read 28418 times)

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2005, 05:42:37 PM »
I have met Prof. T. and sbe seemed great to me, I would have liked to have her for class.  I know Villanova students love her.  This is what I have heard on the rumor mill:

1.  She's loud
  2.  She can be intimidating
  3.  She can make you stand the entire class and answer questions

I met her in the mall and she came up to me and introduced herself b/c I was wearing a Widener Law sweatshirt.  She went out of her way to try to help me with my decision to attend law school and namely widener.  For that reason, I thought, "what a nice person, I bet if you were struggling with something in class, she would try to clear it up for you."  Just my impression.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2005, 05:43:47 PM »
I have met Prof. T. and sbe seemed great to me, I would have liked to have her for class.  I know Villanova students love her.  This is what I have heard on the rumor mill:

1.  She's loud

I met her in the mall and she came up to me and introduced herself b/c I was wearing a Widener Law sweatshirt.  She went out of her way to try to help me with my decision to attend law school and namely widener.  For that reason, I thought, "what a nice person, I bet if you were struggling with something in class, she would try to clear it up for you."  Just my impression.

Good to know..thanks for the info!

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2005, 05:47:44 PM »
I can only tell you what the exam was for me and that was 2 years ago. We had to do an IRAC. Basically determine what the issue is, then state what the rule of law is. Then you need to apply the rule and state your conclusion. Unless they are doing something different now, that should be all you have to really do. Follow that formula which I assume they gave to you and you should be fine. Do not stress over this exam. It is nothing compared to what real law school exams are like. I remember my friends and I all stressing over this and now looking back, it really was nothing. I cant imagine it is possible to fail this although I am sure some people do. Just relax, stay focused and you should do fine. Dont get too nervous, save the nerves for December exams, thats when you should worry! Good luck!!
I will take the luck and prayers if anyone's got 'em   :D

I did make half page outline of the rule with another half page stating an example issue, and what should be included.  How you are to state the rule, I lost points for not putting the general rule first. Example analysis, and what should be included in a susinct(sp?) conclusion.  

That's all I can think to do to prepare for tomorrow, so, I'm getting some much needed sleep.

SuaSponte

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2005, 05:53:21 PM »
Anybody heard anything or met: Perry (Civ Pro), Kristl (Property) or Turezyn (Torts)? I only met my legal methods prof so far, not sure what to expect from the others.

I know nothing about Perry. I do however know about Kristl as I had him for Property 1. His class is VERY boring and I can tell you this, expect to figure most things out yourself. I do not feel I learned anything in his class and this was the general consensus among most people I know that were in the class with me. We all went into the final wondering what was going on lol..speaking of finals... his exam was ridiculous and did not cover the points we spent the most on in class(like future interests which we spent like a month on and yet there was a couple MC questions and that was it) but was filled with things we spent like 2 seconds on and no one knew...(you know you have a problem when the guy who is Number 1 in your class flips the exam over to see if he is in the right class and I am not joking)I hate to scare new 1L's but better to be prepared than not. speaking of, be prepared for class! Same goes for Turezyn. be prepared! warning.. She is VERY LOUD...take some aspirin before each class LOL..also when she calls on you to brief a case she makes you stand up.. I only had her as a sub for a couple weeks while my prof was out sick and it was horrid. She left one of my classmates standing up for like 45 minutes or so...I dont envy you in the least but I will wish you good luck regardless...Try not to be too discouraged by what I am saying because these are my own personal experiences and those of people I know that had these profs also. Form your own opinion is the best I can say. Feel free to report back here at some point and let me know what you think.

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2005, 05:54:15 PM »

1.  She's loud

Good to know..thanks for the info!

No problem, by the way, my friend who went through TAP had her and he switched sections so he could have her the entire semester.  I think that speaks volumes

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2005, 06:51:54 PM »
Anybody heard anything or met: Perry (Civ Pro), Kristl (Property) or Turezyn (Torts)? I only met my legal methods prof so far, not sure what to expect from the others.

I know nothing about Perry. I do however know about Kristl as I had him for Property 1. His class is VERY boring and I can tell you this, expect to figure most things out yourself. I do not feel I learned anything in his class and this was the general consensus among most people I know that were in the class with me. We all went into the final wondering what was going on lol..speaking of finals... his exam was ridiculous and did not cover the points we spent the most on in class(like future interests which we spent like a month on and yet there was a couple MC questions and that was it) but was filled with things we spent like 2 seconds on and no one knew...(you know you have a problem when the guy who is Number 1 in your class flips the exam over to see if he is in the right class and I am not joking)I hate to scare new 1L's but better to be prepared than not. speaking of, be prepared for class! Same goes for Turezyn. be prepared! warning.. She is VERY LOUD...take some aspirin before each class LOL..also when she calls on you to brief a case she makes you stand up.. I only had her as a sub for a couple weeks while my prof was out sick and it was horrid. She left one of my classmates standing up for like 45 minutes or so...I dont envy you in the least but I will wish you good luck regardless...Try not to be too discouraged by what I am saying because these are my own personal experiences and those of people I know that had these profs also. Form your own opinion is the best I can say. Feel free to report back here at some point and let me know what you think.

S- How did everybody do on his exam though? I did my reading for the class on monday and was completely lost! Do you recommended any specific aids? Thanks!

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2005, 07:21:10 PM »
You know... I'm still worried about tomorrow.  It seems weird going into a test just having to know a couple statutes and IRAC.  Is that really all I need to know?  Why TF have I been reading cases all week if they are not going to say, ok, suppose this legislation has been struck down and there is a return to common law priciples... do you think they would do that?

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2005, 07:33:14 PM »
You know... I'm still worried about tomorrow.  It seems weird going into a test just having to know a couple statutes and IRAC.  Is that really all I need to know?  Why TF have I been reading cases all week if they are not going to say, ok, suppose this legislation has been struck down and there is a return to common law priciples... do you think they would do that?

I think all they are going to give us is another hypo like what we had today. I'm hoping that they are just looking for that we listened to the lectures, read the cases and have attempted to write our answer according to IRAC. I heard you need a 5.5 out of 10 to pass.

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: August 18, 2005, 08:37:16 PM »
Thanks g, I'm just worrying... I tend to do that.

Is anyone going to the picnic tomorrow?

benwallace

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2005, 08:42:28 PM »
Hi guys

Would also like to put some faces and names to the nicknames on this board - hopefully all are planning on attending the picnic tomorrow.

Anybody happen to be in Section c?

See ya tomorrow.

ps.
anybody ever heard of this 25602.1 thing :)

ben