Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?  (Read 27589 times)

NightOwl

• View Profile
Re: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2005, 04:29:32 PM »
It looks like I'm in Legal Methods A1.  And the first News Digest of the year seems to be up on the website, but the file is messed up when I try to open it.

Also, for anyone interested, the reservation at the Melting Pot for 5:30 Monday evening is under (my name!).  If you're thinking of attending, give a shout here or via PM if you haven't already so that I can shrink or grow the number of people as needed.

And if you're unfamiliar with the area, the Melting Pot is just a couple of minutes south of campus on 202, in the Independence Mall (which you can recognize by the bell, because, yes, apparently the world needed a strip mall modeled after Independence Mall).

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2005, 09:07:56 PM »
Hi NightOwl!  Were you ever able to access the Digest?  I've tried several times during the day, and it's 9pm now, and it says that the file is corrupted and couldn't be fixed.  Just wondering...

twarga... how was moving day?!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2005, 09:13:49 PM »
Hi NightOwl!  Were you ever able to access the Digest?  I've tried several times during the day, and it's 9pm now, and it says that the file is corrupted and couldn't be fixed.  Just wondering...

twarga... how was moving day?!

Concord Hall is a dirty, disgusting pit.  Home sweet home.   :P  I'm bringing my carpet shampooer up there on Sunday.  Concrete walls, stinky dingy carpet with maroon paint streaks on it from when they painted the door without a dropcloth.  Hubby and I call my room "the scene of the crime."  It looks like a violent stabbing took place there.  I was going to get an area rug to cover it up, but now I think I'll make a chalk outline in the shape of a body around it... instant conversation starter.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2005, 11:34:45 PM »
YK, the digest still won't come up for me.  We'll get the hard copy on Monday, I'm sure.  And I'm betting it won't be too very different from the orientation edition of last year.

Twarga, I'm sorry about your room!  I wish you good accessorizing mojo in your quest to make the place habitable.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2005, 08:22:29 AM »
YK, the digest still won't come up for me.  We'll get the hard copy on Monday, I'm sure.  And I'm betting it won't be too very different from the orientation edition of last year.

Twarga, I'm sorry about your room!  I wish you good accessorizing mojo in your quest to make the place habitable.

Don't worry about me... I've been a mom for over 12 years.  I have oodles of experience turning messy, dirty, and downright ugly rooms around.  We rearranged the furniture yesterday, and that alone made a world of difference.  There a just a few things I need to bring up there tomorrow to finish it up.  I made it look a little like my office at work.  I got a lot of work done there, and replicating my surroundings a bit will hopefully put me in work mode.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

drhomer

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2005, 08:27:44 AM »
Nightowl

Count me in for dinner on Monday night and since she just graduated from Widener I think it might be helpful if I brought my wife along...(plus she might kill me for going to a restaurant she has been begging me to try).
3.71/167 3rd Year Medical Student

In: Full $$$ at Widener, Temple ($10k/year), Villanova ($13k/year), USC, NYU
Jerks: GULC, Yale
Wait List: PENN

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2005, 08:40:28 AM »
Doc, that sounds great!

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2005, 04:06:33 PM »
Well, tomorrow is the day!  I'm really excited, and probably won't get much sleep tonight... so I'll be the one with the really dark circles under the eyes.

It seems like I won't be able to meet with eveyone tomorrow... among other things my car's airconditioning broke, so I'll have to get the one I borrow back to the owner.  Maybe we meet at the picnic after the exam on Friday... anyone interested?

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2005, 04:13:44 PM »
I won't be able to make dinner tomorrow either, I'll be doing last minute apartment stuff. Hopefully, I'll catch everybody at the picnic on friday.

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2005, 08:11:32 PM »
Hello everyone, sorry I couldn't make it last night; I hope you had a good time.  I did just find where NightOwl read that it is an essay exam on Friday... well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

I did want to tell people in section A that have Nivala, that I heard he is very "mean" or tough in the first couple of weeks, but then he backs off.  The person I spoke to, for reasons beyond his control, was late to the first class.  Nivala proceded to pick on him the entire semester, but the person said that he did get an A in his class, but he doesn't recommend going late to his class...ever.

Does anyone have any info on Eggen or Ferrell?

How is everyone's week going?