Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?  (Read 27805 times)

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2005, 06:17:34 PM »
Hi br!  I was the one who asked about what type of law you were interested in... International... wow, I'm not familiar with that aspect of Widener's program, but I do know that you can study in about 4 different countries over the summer.  Good luck!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2005, 05:51:44 PM »
So I was bored today and I checked the cost of our semester books. Just the required ones for the 3 classes came to $341. That doesn't include what they recommend or any of the aids. Ugh!

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2005, 07:21:37 PM »
g, did you go into the bookstore and check, or is your info from another source?  It seems like the bookstore's web site hasn't updated yet for Fall 05 -- usually I just put my courses through to see what the list is (and then order from somewhere cheaper, although I have a feeling they intentionally don't change the site to circumvent this).

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2005, 07:30:24 PM »
g, did you go into the bookstore and check, or is your info from another source?  It seems like the bookstore's web site hasn't updated yet for Fall 05 -- usually I just put my courses through to see what the list is (and then order from somewhere cheaper, although I have a feeling they intentionally don't change the site to circumvent this).

I did the same thing you did, just used last fall's term, but looked up my professors. I would assume that the prices may be a little higher for this fall, but I just wanted a price range. I wonder how much cheaper we can actually get the books?

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2005, 08:13:24 PM »
Whew, just making sure that some book list or other important document hadn't missed me!  I don't know how much less it would be online, especially since I don't want used, but every little bit helps.  (Then again, I have a credit on my account, and based on experience I'm thinking it may be easier to see if it can be applied towards books than to try to get it back.)

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2005, 07:38:57 AM »
I stuck a poll up in the Widener U thread about dinner plans (http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,2357.0.html), so that we can get a headcount and an idea of which night is better for folks.  I'm confining it to the weekend before orientation, since out-of-towners should have a chance to get here if they're living on-campus. 

Provided nobody's taken care of this already on their own, please vote away and I'll make a reservation based on the results.

benwallace

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2005, 05:28:41 AM »
Hi All -

Also a student in the Fall, and would enjoy meeting for a pre-Law school dinner.  Looks like you guys are shooting for Saturday night?

Btw, I am a day-student and currently live off campus in the area.
Hope everyone is enjoying their last few days of summer -

Chat with everyone a bit later!
Cheers.
 8)
Bw.

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2005, 11:11:21 AM »
Hi, Ben!  Welcome to the thread!  Do you know which section you're in?  I look forward to meeting you at dinner.

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »
OK, I know I'm a litle crazy but...Do we get reading assignments for our actual classes before we begin. It seems like most schools do send out stuff for the first day of classes. But other orientation weeks don't have reading like us. What's up?

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2005, 08:50:42 PM »
I do know that Widener always puts first assignments (for classes, as opposed to the orientation assignments) up on their website before classes begin...as to how early they put them up prior to the fall session, I don't know.  I suspect it may be during orientation week itself.  Since I found out my deposit can go towards books as of the 15th, I guess I won't be getting started until then anyway.