Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?  (Read 28078 times)

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2005, 08:26:27 AM »
Hey doc,  did you do the optional Why Penn essay?  I didn't (I spent a whole 13 minutes on my Penn electronic application), and I heard it helps.

By looking at your schedule, it appears as though we are not in the same section.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

drhomer

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2005, 08:41:23 AM »
Hey doc,  did you do the optional Why Penn essay?  I didn't (I spent a whole 13 minutes on my Penn electronic application), and I heard it helps.

By looking at your schedule, it appears as though we are not in the same section.

yeah, i did the essay...i did everything! (updated resumes, extra lor's, letters of interest).  Oh well, i am not going to worry about it.  I'll have to fight harder for a job coming out of Widener, but i have a leg up in a lot of the x-factor categories like having connections at a lot of big firms and knowing people in the know.  You will soon learn that it is who you know and not what you know when it comes to getting law jobs in DE.

geee, what a shame we won't be in the same classes! Not that i am scared of a little competition ;)

3.71/167 3rd Year Medical Student

In: Full $$$ at Widener, Temple ($10k/year), Villanova ($13k/year), USC, NYU
Jerks: GULC, Yale
Wait List: PENN

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2005, 08:56:49 AM »
drhomer, looks like we're on the same schedule, although I guess we won't know about Legal Methods sections until we get there.

drhomer

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2005, 09:12:16 AM »
drhomer, looks like we're on the same schedule, although I guess we won't know about Legal Methods sections until we get there.

sounds good...
from what i hear Johnson and Nivala are very good and have ended up being some of people's favortie profs.  Don't know much about Culhane other than my wife said his bar review lecture was a real snoozer, but he is part of the health law program.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2005, 09:38:10 AM »
We all need to hook up at the picnic (refer to your orientation schedule  ;) ).  I'll be the 400 lb. woman in a yellow dress and red stilleto heels.  Just kidding.

3.0 (3.82), 166

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2005, 10:45:52 AM »
from what i hear Johnson and Nivala are very good and have ended up being some of people's favortie profs.  Don't know much about Culhane other than my wife said his bar review lecture was a real snoozer, but he is part of the health law program.

Thanks for the info!  I had heard really good things about Johnson as well, but I don't know anyone who'd had Nivala.

We all need to hook up at the picnic (refer to your orientation schedule ).

Twarga, I think you mentioned the possibility over on the students board a while ago, and I was wondering if there might still be interest in a dinner for Delaware campus LSDers somewhere during the weekend before orientation.  There's certainly enough restaurant choice along Rt. 202, and it might be nice for us to know a few faces as we go through the first week.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2005, 11:18:02 AM »

Thanks for the info!  I had heard really good things about Johnson as well, but I don't know anyone who'd had Nivala.

We all need to hook up at the picnic (refer to your orientation schedule ).

Twarga, I think you mentioned the possibility over on the students board a while ago, and I was wondering if there might still be interest in a dinner for Delaware campus LSDers somewhere during the weekend before orientation.  There's certainly enough restaurant choice along Rt. 202, and it might be nice for us to know a few faces as we go through the first week.

I like the Melting Pot.  I haven't been there in a few years, but I have fond memories.  Let's pick a date and meet there.

3.0 (3.82), 166

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2005, 11:28:18 AM »
Hello!  See you in class drhomer!  I must be very blessed... I am the only person in my torts class.  I wonder what happened to the other student....
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2005, 11:33:44 AM »
Hello!  See you in class drhomer!  I must be very blessed... I am the only person in my torts class.  I wonder what happened to the other student....

Will you be attending our pre-Widener dinner, Kitten?  We need to pick a date and a place.

3.0 (3.82), 166

drhomer

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2005, 11:52:10 AM »

I like the Melting Pot.  I haven't been there in a few years, but I have fond memories.  Let's pick a date and meet there.

Wouldn't those be fondue memories??