Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?  (Read 26783 times)

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2005, 12:26:08 PM »
Thanks NightOwl!  I don't know about you but, I'll probably read further so I don't have so much to read for classes 2 & 3.  Luckily my Torts prof. included those assignments as well.

twarga, I remember the chocolate covered oreos! Mmmmmmmm... Oreos...
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2005, 12:51:07 PM »
Thanks NightOwl!  I don't know about you but, I'll probably read further so I don't have so much to read for classes 2 & 3.  Luckily my Torts prof. included those assignments as well.

twarga, I remember the chocolate covered oreos! Mmmmmmmm... Oreos...

Man, I just checked out my assignments, and I have ONE in CivPro and that's it!! What is up with that?
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2005, 04:20:18 PM »
legalkitty, you're lucky... I have an assignment for every class.

Hey... where did the doc go, and ben, and LawWarrior?  Seems like we've been deserted.  Maybe the doc got into Penn.

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2005, 04:24:53 PM »
We're also missing maz and br1015...  ???

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2005, 04:27:22 PM »
I went to the bookstore today and they have no idea about using the seat deposit as bookstore credit. Another student (i think a 2L) said she thought it went directly towards tuition. So not sure how that works.

But I bought them anyway, $514 for the required ones. I didn't even look at the study guide stuff.  I'm in section B.

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2005, 04:39:25 PM »
I went to the bookstore today and they have no idea about using the seat deposit as bookstore credit. Another student (i think a 2L) said she thought it went directly towards tuition. So not sure how that works.

But I bought them anyway, $514 for the required ones. I didn't even look at the study guide stuff.  I'm in section B.

I'm not sure g, but I think it only gets applied as a bookstore credit if you were awarded a full scholarship, and paid the seat deposit anyway.  I just handed in my seat deposit and asked Dean Ayars if I needed the seat deposit as well and she told me no.  I really could be wrong.  I think it was twarga who they gave that info to, but she could have been misinformed by someone who didn't know what they were talking about.

Edit:  All of our info says it is applied to your tuition... that's why I assumed the above info.

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2005, 05:45:10 PM »

I'm not sure g, but I think it only gets applied as a bookstore credit if you were awarded a full scholarship, and paid the seat deposit anyway.  I just handed in my seat deposit and asked Dean Ayars if I needed the seat deposit as well and she told me no.  I really could be wrong.  I think it was twarga who they gave that info to, but she could have been misinformed by someone who didn't know what they were talking about.

Edit:  All of our info says it is applied to your tuition... that's why I assumed the above info.

OK, that makes more sense.

I have assignments for each class. There's no turning back now!!

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2005, 09:13:17 PM »
I have been assigned to Legal Methods I section A2; what about everyone else?  There still isn't any info on who's teaching what section though...

drhomer

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2005, 09:56:25 AM »
legalkitty, you're lucky... I have an assignment for every class.

Hey... where did the doc go, and ben, and LawWarrior?  Seems like we've been deserted.  Maybe the doc got into Penn.

i've just been lurking.... No Penn for me :(

I believe the seat deposit is only applied to the bookstore if you did receive a full scholarship, which kind of sucks because hopefully all the used books aren't sold out by Monday.  Luckily I can use my wife's property book and probably her legal methods books.

For legal methods, i think you can kind of figure out who your professor is by looking at the complete class schedule and seeing when your class meets.  This is the one class i am not looking forward to.  They spend the first month on teaching you how to write a sentence (possible exaggeration). 

i'm excited to get this whole law school experience started.  Gee, it's not scary to think that the rest of your life really depends on how you do this first semester.  No pressure. 

good luck everybody and i look forward to meeting you all next week.

cheers,
drhomer

3.71/167 3rd Year Medical Student

In: Full $$$ at Widener, Temple ($10k/year), Villanova ($13k/year), USC, NYU
Jerks: GULC, Yale
Wait List: PENN

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2005, 10:13:22 AM »
Sorry to hear that there's no Penn for you, but glad that you'll be with us  ;D  What you said about Legal Methods might not be too much of an exaggeration... other students have told me the same thing.  I'm not sure if you know this, but a few years ago, employers in the area were known to throw out an application from a Widener grad (this is at the undergrad level) because the theory was that none of the graduates knew how to write.  Since then, Widener has implemented a writing program that insures that if you are graduating, you are writing on a certain level.  Apparently, they carried this writing requirement into their graduate programs as well.

Please vote!
I posted a poll about how everyone is going to take notes, if you don't mind can you vote?  Thanks.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,2519.0.html