Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?  (Read 26747 times)

g825

• View Profile
Re: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2005, 07:23:56 PM »
Can we pick up our books yet? I will be there Thursday during the day and want to grab them.

Are the classes really that cold? I was going to wear capris but not if I'm going to be an ice cube!

Yes, I was able to pick up most of my books with the promise that the rest will be in later this week.

As for the classrooms... I spent two years in the Polishook Hall classrooms freezing my a$$ off, it gets even colder in the summer, which is weird.  First year classrooms are in the law building and not PH, but we will be there for our tours.  I really don't know what to tell you, because I do tend to be colder than some people, but in PH there are people that say they are always hot and they think it's cold.  I am wearing jeans(or pants, I haven't decided) and a twin set so I can take the top sweater off if I hot.

FYI:
  The library didn't have airconditioning for the past two weeks and they finally restored it today, and one of their servers crashed over the weekend and they won't have that up and running again until Wed, Aug. 17th.  Oh, and anyone getting a loan... checks will be ready the first week of class.

Thanks for the info!
I thought we were supposed to get our checks on the 12th? that's what my letter says. Do you mean the intro week or first week of actual classes?

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2005, 07:33:37 PM »
Hi g, yeah, my letter says that too, but that is when it is disbursed to the school, or rather deposited into their account.  Then it takes a week or two for Widener to cut the check and get it to the Bursur's office for distribution to you and me.  When I asked about it, because I dealt with this in undergrad too, she said the first week of class.  I replied, " the week of the 22nd?" and she affirmed.  All I can say is I had to wait until the middle of Oct. for undergrad, at least it's a little closer to the time when I'll need it, and I'll be able to get things off the credit card the month that they'll show up.  Oh, by the way... so long as you don't have Johnson for Property, all of your books should be available.  Expect to spend about $650, which isn't too bad.  They have some clothes 50% off too, which is a pretty good deal.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2005, 10:39:55 PM »
$ 650 for books?! Craziness. Forget it I'm not going to school.

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2005, 11:25:46 PM »

First... I hope that was a joke, but I didn't see any wink or anything.  Also, my head is not on straight... I'm still mourning the loss of my cat and my husband is home sick today (I don't know if you've ever had to live through a sick spouse, but it's not pretty), and I inadvertantly put the entire price I spent with all the extraneous stuff.  The actual price I spent on books was just under $409 and they told me my property book would be around $100.  So, I'm looking at $500 for books, and I spent $150 on binders and clothes.

I'm very sorry that I misinformed you, but these are the correct numbers now.

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2005, 09:11:30 AM »
They have the server up and running now.

g825

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2005, 09:15:47 AM »

First... I hope that was a joke, but I didn't see any wink or anything.  Also, my head is not on straight... I'm still mourning the loss of my cat and my husband is home sick today (I don't know if you've ever had to live through a sick spouse, but it's not pretty), and I inadvertantly put the entire price I spent with all the extraneous stuff.  The actual price I spent on books was just under $409 and they told me my property book would be around $100.  So, I'm looking at $500 for books, and I spent $150 on binders and clothes.

I'm very sorry that I misinformed you, but these are the correct numbers now.

YK- That was a joke, through UG and grad school, my books were at the most 250 a semester. SO this is a shocker, but kinda expected anyway.
So sorry to hear about your cat, I hope your hubby feels better.

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2005, 09:00:19 AM »
Don't look now, but first assignments are up.  So far, less reading than I expected, although my Torts class doesn't have an assignment yet.

Not that it matters to me, since I'm not getting books until the Bursar frees up my seat deposit on Monday.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2005, 09:14:07 AM »
Don't look now, but first assignments are up.  So far, less reading than I expected, although my Torts class doesn't have an assignment yet.

Not that it matters to me, since I'm not getting books until the Bursar frees up my seat deposit on Monday.

I'm checking into the dorm tomorrow, and hubby said, "Screw it... just buy the books now and use the seat deposit money for next semester."  Sounds good to me.  I won't even check the reading assignments until tomorrow when I have my books.  I can't believe it's here already... I can't stop chewing my nails and scarfing oreos.  Nerves, I guess.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2005, 09:31:26 AM »

I'm checking into the dorm tomorrow, and hubby said, "Screw it... just buy the books now and use the seat deposit money for next semester."  Sounds good to me.  I won't even check the reading assignments until tomorrow when I have my books.  I can't believe it's here already... I can't stop chewing my nails and scarfing oreos.  Nerves, I guess.

Mmm...have you ever had the deep fried oreos??
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2005, 09:35:12 AM »

Mmm...have you ever had the deep fried oreos??

No.  But my mom and I used to love those chocolate dipped ones they sold back in the 80s and early 90s.  Sinful!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166