Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?  (Read 27636 times)

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 01:44:54 PM »
Hello, I spoke with several prof. yesterday and Dean Ray, apparently intro to law is fairly easy. (Yeah, easy for them to say...)  It is basically on the court system and how it works.  Fairly remedial if that's the case.  I'm hoping to talk to a few students, sometimes you get better answers.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 10:48:48 AM »
Thanks for the update, YK!  I'm definitely okay with "fairly easy" for the first week.

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 11:42:26 AM »
Yeah, I'm definitely ok with fairly easy!  Have either of you noticed this thread has been read over 167 times, yet it's just the three of us?  Hellooooo out there! ;D

LawWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 11:06:20 PM »
this thread definitely doesn't see much action

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 11:14:26 AM »
I think a lot of people just hang in pre-law and haven't yet set up accounts on this side.

maz

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 11:37:46 AM »
I'm in.  I read this thread several times and finally got off my backside and registered.  I am a part time evening geezer (40 years old). Still waitlisted at Seton Hall and Rutgers Camden but who cares I am going to get a good eduction regardless of where I attend. I figure education is what you make of it.

As for the question I read in an earlier post asking what type of law are you interested in I have an interest in healthcare law.  Which really excites me considering the quality of the program at Widener.

YankyKitten

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 07:56:04 PM »
Hi maz!  I'm a non-trad too.  Whatever you do, don't read that thread on the pre-law site about weeding out the non-trads, it was really obnoxious.  The education at Widener is very good, I'm hoping you won't be disappointed.  I turned down several T2 schools for Widener.  ;D

Hey, I checked my campus cruiser account today (those of you that don't know what that is, will find out soon enough) and my class schedule was listed!  Very cool, this is real...

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2005, 10:24:48 AM »
And for those who cannot access their class schedules yet, I should point out that (in their current form, since we can in no way be absolutely certain that these are The Final Word) the first semester day division schedules appear quite humane, with classes not starting too early or running too late, plenty of time to grab lunches and hit the library, and the odd free afternoon built in.

maz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 09:42:05 AM »
YankyKitten and NightOwl,

How did you access you cruiser account?

As for the info about the post concerning weeding out non-traditional students WHO CARES!!

If I was going to listen to a bunch of negative people who think they know it all I would stay in my current job.  I have more important things to do than be influenced by ignorance. 

If you could tell me how to access my cruiser account I would appreciate it (assuming my seat deposit has activated my account).

YankyKitten, I found your statement about this "being real" quite interesting.  I also am amazed how quickly this has manifested itself into reality. 

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 11:35:18 AM »
Maz, both YK and I attended Widener undergrad, which is why we have access to CampusCruiser.  I'm hoping they will be sending out either CC log-ins for everyone else and/or class schedules with the orientation packet that's supposed to come into July, but I thought it might be helpful for people who don't have the information yet to hear that the schedules look relatively nice.