Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I file Bankruptcy...  (Read 21980 times)

jason1114

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Should I file Bankruptcy...
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2006, 10:25:20 PM »
Well, when you mortgage a house, your bank that you have the mortgage through actually owns the house/property until you pay them back...

Unlike a college degree which you purchase from a school with another's money (your bank - B of A, guaranteed by your loan guarantor, e.g. edfund). The school gets its money for the degree long before you ever have to pay it back. They don't care if you default on your loans, their asses are covered as long as they conduct a finacial aid exit interview...

You can't have a degree repossessed once your loans are entered into repayment, you don't owe the person that gave you the degree anything.

) (

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2006, 05:09:19 AM »

Taking out student loans means that you have to pay them back. People should weigh the consequences of borrowing money against the reward of education.

I agree all the people holding that student loans should not be paid are completely irresponsible.

ism

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2006, 05:22:27 AM »

I agree all the people holding that student loans should not be paid are completely irresponsible.

Excuse me? They could be considered irresponsible if they would simply forget about them, but not when they try to bankrupt them and the like ... it is because they are responsible that they are trying to get rid of these loans as the law provides for. 
The lawyer profession is a criminal cult enterprise.

Pericles

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2006, 06:33:05 AM »

The U.S. government is just a player within the stinky female dog capitalist system.

let's have sex

entelle

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »
Wells Fargo has an alternative loan program that doesn't require certification from the school. You can borrow as much as you can qualify for based on your credit
Yep! I'm homoerotic, homophobic and heterosexual.

crewho

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2006, 03:42:02 AM »
Are you Budlaw entelle?

cashmere

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2006, 07:29:43 PM »

It's really unfortunate that you can't file for bankruptcy, get rid of the mortgage and keep the house. For example, before 1997 it was possible to file for bankruptcy, get rid of student loans and keep & use the degree. Well, I guess that's because a degree is just a "piece of paper," less valuable than a house .. :)

I heard a new law will be passed giving lenders the right to require schools granting the degree to revoke the latter if you default on your student loans.

jason1114

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2006, 03:23:22 AM »

It's really unfortunate that you can't file for bankruptcy, get rid of the mortgage and keep the house. For example, before 1997 it was possible to file for bankruptcy, get rid of student loans and keep & use the degree. Well, I guess that's because a degree is just a "piece of paper," less valuable than a house .. :)

I heard a new law will be passed giving lenders the right to require schools granting the degree to revoke the latter if you default on your student loans.

That's pretty reasonable...

capital one

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2006, 04:38:39 AM »
Of course it is :)

thefarmplease

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2006, 04:36:35 AM »

Already ordered this one .. there should be other books on the subject, though .. I am searching right now, will let you know of any other titles I find .