Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Employment and Experience at UC Hastings  (Read 514 times)

Grubesac

• View Profile
Employment and Experience at UC Hastings
« on: May 16, 2005, 10:35:06 AM »
I just wanted to put this out there really quick and see if anyone know why UC Hastings job placement upon graduation hovered around 65% in 2003. I haven't been able to find info for the latest grad, and the hastings website only posts the grad rate 9 months out which is much better. This is of course no mistake, since what school wants you to know that 35% of their graduates can't line up a job at grad time.

Does anyone know anything about this or career placement in general at hastings? I know most people say that to be considered for big law you need to be in the top 25% (Is this true from what you all know?). Where does one need to graduate to even have a job lined up at graduation or is it more about the contacts one has made during clinics, externships, and summer employment? In essence, how important is the networking game for graduating Hastings students?

Thanks to any who can answer some or all of my questions. Comments on the overall Hastings experience would be appreciated as well. General likes, dislikes etc...

lawkat130

• View Profile
Re: Employment and Experience at UC Hastings
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 11:26:13 AM »
Via rumor mill & other postings, I've heard the office of career services is simply not very good.

Grubesac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 11:59:35 AM »
Funny, I've heard just the opposite at another site. I wish I could get some more clarification...

Grubesac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 12:23:04 PM »
Anyone?