Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going?  (Read 3548 times)

ConscriptedMind

• View Profile
Anyone going?
« on: May 15, 2005, 02:51:37 PM »
Impressions of the school?

big_cin2002

• View Profile
Re: Anyone going?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 05:37:23 PM »
I'm a 2L there now...what do you want to know?

ConscriptedMind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 07:23:03 PM »
I'm primarily interested in your assessment of the quality of the faculty and job opportunites for students.  I haven't had the opportunity to hear from current students as I am out-of-state and did not attend the admitted students day.  Any other general comments would be helpful as well. 

big_cin2002

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 05:51:32 PM »
Well, the quality of the professors depends on who you get: I was pretty satisfied.  My profs were all extremely knowledgable and helpful.  Meeting with professors to discuss different topics is encouraged and none of the professors are in a hurry to kick you out if you have numerous concerns about the class or life in general. I have heard complaints about professors that students thought had less than admirable teaching styles, but this is not the norm.  Socratic method is used in most first year classes, but don't worry.  Professors try their hardest not to make you feel like an idiot.  It's more about coaxing the right answer out of you. It is Kentucky.  No one wants to offend their southern sensabilities by tearing down students.  If you pay attention and do the reading, you will be fine.

Career services is a growing organization.  There were about 30 on campus interviews for students looking for internships.  Most of the employers were looking for a couple of interns, so competition was present, but by no means fierce.

Your placement when you graduate is not something I can really comment on because I'm only a 2nd year student.  Sorry.

All in all, the school is a commuter school.  Most people live off campus near Bardstown Road.  The faculty is very helpful and everything is done in a pretty relaxed (for law school) atmosphere.  If you are looking for cut throat competition, there are people like that here, but I tend to stay away.