Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is it possible to transfer from a 4Tier like Cooley to a 2Tier or 3Tier?  (Read 8103 times)

crissy00

• View Profile
    • Email
Has anyone who started law school in January been able to transfer to a school in the fall? (completing your second semester in the summer)

NeedOut

• View Profile
Has anyone who started law school in January been able to transfer to a school in the fall? (completing your second semester in the summer)

i am in the process of trying...i should know in the next few days

crissy00

• View Profile
    • Email
Has your transferring process been difficult since your are transferring in the fall? Are you applying to any 1st or 2nd tier schools?

NeedOut

• View Profile
Has your transferring process been difficult since your are transferring in the fall? Are you applying to any 1st or 2nd tier schools?

hasn't been hard...the hardest part is waiting for the acceptance/rejection letters.  and i applied to 2 T1 schools

crissy00

• View Profile
    • Email
So far I know that George Washington, American, George Washington,Columbia,University Miami all have Spring Admissions if you know any more please post them for me.

Thanks

crissy00

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is it possible to transfer from a 4Tier like Cooley to a 2Tier or 3Tier?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 06:54:04 PM »
For the people who were trying to transfer this summer, did you get into the school that you wanted? And has it been a big adjustment?

jchyon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2005, 11:55:56 PM »
jdohno, great information. thanks. it seems like you really planned things out and in the end, it all paid off.

does anyone know what the transfer #'s are for spring? the #'s and stories about fall transfer are available if you search/ask around, but not so much the case for spring transfers.

MavCarlissa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 04:12:47 PM »
I just checked your profile and you listed your email address. I am sending by email an article from a Cooley law student who transferred from there to Boston College (ranked #25). Also in her class, another person transferred to Boston College and another classmate transferred to University of Michigan. The article first appeared on the Sua Sponte website. Sua Sponte transferred from Hastings to Chicago. So check your email.

Your LSAT score doesn't matter when you transfer. There are a few schools who will look at your LSAT and grades if you are a borderline applicant. But the vast majority of schools don't look at your scores. I'm at a bottom tier school and I already got into Georgetown early action. I'm also applying to some schools in the top 15 and higher. So it's definitely possible. HTH.

Is it possible to transfer from a 4Tier like Cooley to a 2Tier or 3Tier? If so is the LSAT score still considered in the transfer?

Thanks~ Crissy

I am trying to transfer from Cooley as of now.  I finished my first semester w/ a 3.9 gpa having made all As and 1 A-.  I am interested in applying to top 50 schools but fear my LSAT score will keep me out.  It's a 151 and my UGPA is a 3.3.  I'm also a Military Intelligence officer in the Army having completed GA Tech ROTC (if that helps at all)!  Could you email me or zap me a response on here w/ some advice!  Thanks sooo much!