Ok, here are mine:
1. Make it your goal to get out of every single class with a set of typed notes from which you can make your outline--without going back to the casebook or to a commercial outline. That means writing down what the professor says and also taking notes from the book during class.
2. If you take notes on your laptop, don't have a wireless connection or any games. Virtually no one can stop themselves from using these things in class.
3. Make your own outlines. Making the outline is what teaches you, not reading it. If you can, make multiple outlines (an "everything" outline, a bare-bones outline, etc.)
4. Don't talk about exams after you take them.
5. Don't talk about your grades after you get them.