Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Arkansas Class of 2008  (Read 1763 times)

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Arkansas Class of 2008
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 09:23:47 AM »
My wife and I will be there this weekend to buy a house.  I think the job prospects are going to be the same as any other regional school.  I think the markets would include Little Rock, Kansas City, St louis, Oklahoma City, Dallas.  If you do well enough you should have just as many prospects as any other regional school.  If you are wanting to work in New York City, you should probably consider going elsewhere.

Phish

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 10:23:19 AM »
My husband and I are moving this weekend.  It is a great place!  Grew up in Louisiana, moved to Fay during high school.  Got my undergrad degree in Fay, have not lived there in quite a while -- we are super excited about moving back!  See you guys there!

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 12:02:42 AM »
My husband and I are moving this weekend.  It is a great place!  Grew up in Louisiana, moved to Fay during high school.  Got my undergrad degree in Fay, have not lived there in quite a while -- we are super excited about moving back!  See you guys there!

We just signed the papers to buy a house today.  I can't wait to move in a month or so!  Where are you all living?

Phish

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 10:02:36 AM »
Northwest Fayetteville.  We will be about 10 minutes from the UofA.  Congrats on your house!!  Where did you guys buy?  Children?  Just nosey :-)  You are going to love fayetteville!

marco2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 10:17:13 AM »
My girlfriend and I are likely moving to Fayetteville...very likely.  We are early 30 somethings.  I gather a few of the posters are also a bit older than the average.  Correct?
Anyone enjoy canoeing, hiking, etc.?  We live in Boone, NC and have loved it...I think Fayetteville will be somewhat similar, though bigger...looking forward to taking advantage of the area while in school...
As far as looking for a house, are there any fixer uppers floating around?  Did you go through an agent? Suggestions?

Phish

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 11:43:09 AM »
We are also early 30ish.  We very much enjoy the outdoors -- there are a lot of hiking trails, mountian biking trails, rivers (for fishing, canoeing, rafting, etc.) close to Fayetteville (w/i an hour).  It is hard to find a fixer upper that is a good deal in Fay, b/c so many people are buying right now.  We decided to rent.  Think we got a decent deal. We looked at buying for a while and then decided we would wait it out.  Fayetteville is a great size -- small enough to not get lost and it take an hour to get across town but big enough to have some culture, decent restaurants, and an interesting night life (the university helps alot).  It is great!  Fayetteville and Little Rock are arguably the best places to live in Arkansas.  Where else are you looking?

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 03:50:06 PM »
Northwest Fayetteville.  We will be about 10 minutes from the UofA.  Congrats on your house!!  Where did you guys buy?  Children?  Just nosey :-)  You are going to love fayetteville!

We are going to be in the southeast part, near elkins.  We don't have any kids.  I cant wait to get up there!

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 03:55:07 PM »
My girlfriend and I are likely moving to Fayetteville...very likely.  We are early 30 somethings.  I gather a few of the posters are also a bit older than the average.  Correct?
Anyone enjoy canoeing, hiking, etc.?  We live in Boone, NC and have loved it...I think Fayetteville will be somewhat similar, though bigger...looking forward to taking advantage of the area while in school...
As far as looking for a house, are there any fixer uppers floating around?  Did you go through an agent? Suggestions?

I'll be 30 in July and my wife is 26 so yeh, not everyone is right out of college!  We went through Lindsey and Associates.  They are the largest realty company in the area.  Our realtor is Pat Fair.  She'd be able to help you out.  As far as fixer uppers go, we looked at a few houses that were between 135,000 and 150,000 that were definite fixer uppers.  If you want you can go to lindsey.com, click on there search for a property, and enter the MLS# 437547 to see the house we bought.  I want to say this is typical because my cousin's house up there is very similar, but there weren't ay others for sale that were as nice as this one.  You should know though, that the market up there is such that a house may go on sale on Monday and be sold by Friday.  Most of the houses we sw online had been sold by the time we got up there, even the newest ones.

maizo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2005, 12:54:22 AM »
Welcome to Fayetteville:) As for the weather, it is in general moderate. The people here are so friendly; the crime rate is very low. The cost of living is low too. As for the job opportunities,  it depends what kind of job are you looking for,  but put in mind that this is Wal-mart , Tyson and JBHUNT town.I'll be glad to answer questions about Fayetteville
Good luck to all

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2005, 11:13:55 PM »
We should have a get together around the first of August for alll of us posters.  What do you guys think?