Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Arkansas Class of 2008  (Read 1739 times)

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Arkansas Class of 2008
« on: May 12, 2005, 11:00:57 AM »
any other future Razorbacks out there?

Dxion

• View Profile
Re: Arkansas Class of 2008
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 12:09:07 PM »
I am pretty sure I am headed that way.  I'm going to visit in a week and a half and will probably pick out an apartment while I am there.

I'm a little bit nervous about the snow in the winter but I think I'll manage. I'm also excited about football. The thing that sucks is that they play two home games in Little Rock! I had no idea that they did that.  Oh well, at least there will be four games in Fayetteville.

Have you decided where you will live? Any suggestions?

marco2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 12:36:11 PM »
howdy,
i'm leaning towards arkansas as well.  I went through there a year or so ago and it is a great area.  Are y'all from Arkansas?  If not, what drew you to that school?

Did you pick Arkansas over other schools?  Why?

I look forward to talking with you...

Dxion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 01:10:40 PM »
I'm not from Arkansas but I am from the Deep South. Prbobably the main reason I picked Arkansas was because of the price. It's fairly easy to get in-state tuition after the first year. And it's a solid school.  I mean, it's not Harvard but I'm not concerned about the quality of the education.
That, and it's an SEC school...

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 02:57:21 PM »
someone please move this thread to the accepted and decided students forum, please.

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 10:09:58 AM »
I am pretty sure I am headed that way.  I'm going to visit in a week and a half and will probably pick out an apartment while I am there.

I'm a little bit nervous about the snow in the winter but I think I'll manage. I'm also excited about football. The thing that sucks is that they play two home games in Little Rock! I had no idea that they did that.  Oh well, at least there will be four games in Fayetteville.

Have you decided where you will live? Any suggestions?

It doesnt snow that much.  My cousin lives there and said it snowed like once last winter.  I'm from Dallas but all my family is from Arkansas and my dad is an alumn.

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 10:12:32 AM »
howdy,
i'm leaning towards arkansas as well.  I went through there a year or so ago and it is a great area.  Are y'all from Arkansas?  If not, what drew you to that school?

Did you pick Arkansas over other schools?  Why?

I look forward to talking with you...

Well I picked Arkansas over Loyola New Orleans and Denver mainly because of the cost of school and living as well.  It was the only public law school I got into and I'm going to save like at least 50 g's going there over Loyola.

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 04:08:44 PM »
bumpity bump bump

FutureEnlightened1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 04:47:17 PM »
I am planning on visiting Fayetteville pretty soon. The cost of tuition and the scholarship offer are both very tempting reasons for attending Arkansas but I can't say that I am thrilled by the salary numbers.

Has anyone visited the school?  What was said about the employment prospects?

Dxion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 08:43:18 AM »
I'm flying out there next week to check out the school, meet the dean, and pick out an apartment. I'll be sure to ask about the employment prospects.

If any of yall want me to find out anything else I would be glad to do it.