Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse Class of 2008 Thread  (Read 19430 times)

bucknelllawbound

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Syracuse Class of 2008 Thread
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2005, 12:22:42 PM »
Hey...is there is a set time and place to meet in Armory square?  I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2005, 02:56:14 PM »
Bucknelllawbound..
Hey. I don't know if there's a set time or place yet. We have to figure that out. I'm stil not in syracuse so I don't even know where Armory Square is. I am excited to meet eveyrone as well.

Anyone have a suggestion as to a time or place? maybe like 7?? I don't know a place tho.
I love my philly phanatic :)

mm

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2005, 10:58:02 PM »
Hi all,

7 sounds like a good time to me.

I briefly walked around Armory Square when I was in Syracuse in June, but I don't really remember that much.  One place that looked okay was Kitty Hoyne's, an irish pub, however I am not picky and if anyone has a place they are keen to go to, that's cool. 

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2005, 10:55:33 AM »
it's cool that irish pub sounds good to me. I am up for anything.

ttiwed when do you get back from boston? Can you come friday night?

foghorn leghorn

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2005, 11:12:54 AM »
I'm not a member of the SU Law Class of '08, but I got a PhD there in 2000.  If you're going to Armory Square, check out the Blue Tusk if it's still open.  They have great sandwiches and 69 beers on tap.  When I was an SU student, the graduate student organization ran a pub on South Campus called the Inn Complete.  It was very cheap, and there were no undergrads.  As far as living accommodations are concerned, I would stay out of the traditional student neighborhood (i. e. Euclid and Westcott) and concentrate on the area south of it.  There are nice apartments there, and it's a quiet neighborhood.  Also, when I went there, the city ran a campus bus service through the neighborhood, which was free with an SU ID.  Perhaps some of this has changed over time, but it will at least give everyone something to do while you wait for the onset of the next Ice Age (the Syracuse winter).

Cheers,
Foghorn Leghorn

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2005, 02:34:44 PM »
oh thanks foghorn leghorn.  I checked out their website (http://www.bluetusk.com/). It seems like a pretty cool chill place.

Do people want to meet there??? Everything will be new to me so i'm willing to do whatever :)

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2005, 05:08:02 PM »
ttiwed- cool i was just curious cause i lok forward to meeting you since we'll both be in clarendon.

bucknelllawbound

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2005, 12:50:38 AM »
Well that sounds good then!  Since I am just getting to town next weekend, I'm going to need some helpful advice about Syracuse would like to meet you all.  -John

mm

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2005, 11:21:37 PM »
Blue Tusk sounds cool to me.  With 69 beer on tap, I am sure there will something to suit everyone.

ttiwed - how does your reputation decrease? (or even increase, for that matter.)

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2005, 07:56:06 AM »
Hey everyone,
Well I am all moved into my apt. in Syracuse. I don't get internet till tomorrow so i'm stealing a very low signal from my neighbor right now.  It's weird to be somewhere new and not know anyone. My apt (clarendon heights) is nice, but it's kinda sketchy outside at ttiwed said in earlier posts. I'm right near what I think is the projects so I hope I'm ok. 

Ttiwed- if you want a ride or something or anyone else that lives around me wants to carpool to the blue tusk on friday that'd be cool. I am still kinda scared driving around here by myself since I dont know my way around. I have to go exploring some more.....