Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse Class of 2008 Thread  (Read 19682 times)

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Syracuse Class of 2008 Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2005, 08:38:18 PM »
I'm here!

Arrived last Saturday.

Keep in touch!

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilstepho
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2005, 12:00:14 PM »
I will be moving in on the 15th, as well!!!!!

Syracuse it is!!!!! .. all the way from sunny southern Alabama ...

mm

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2005, 12:05:28 PM »
Not to sound too cheesy, but I am starting to get excited. 

I am not familiar with the area, but it seems like there are some nice places in the Armory Square area where we could do drinks on the Friday? 

Another question - are any of you inviting your parents to the opening ceremony thing at Hendrick's Chapel?

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2005, 12:20:42 PM »
yeah i thought that opening ceremony thing sounds kinda cheesy, but my mom is coming cause she just is excited for me.  I figured I wouldnt' argue, but I know alot of people I talked to said that they didn't have parents coming.  I am only like four hours away tho so it's not a far drive. 

Drinks on friday in armory square sounds good. i think i heard that that is where the law students tend to hang out to get away from the undergrads.. but i don't know the area either.  MM.. where are you living again?? I am livng in clarendon heights.
I love my philly phanatic :)

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2005, 09:45:54 AM »
ttiwed-no i haven't visited them yet. I am living there cause my cousin goes to the law school (this will be his third year) and he recomended them to me).  Hmm... that does sound wonderful tho. i don't know what to say about that...

mm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 02:22:06 PM »
Biolawgirl,

I am living in Rugby Square Apartments, which is James and Teall area, near Eastwood, which is north east Syracuse. Someone mentionned on this board that it was far and the rush hour traffic is bad - which may be true, but I am sure it won't compare to Toronto traffic ... and I'll just tune out to my ipod anyways! 

Where is Clarendon?  Is it close to school?  When I was looking in early June, I remember calling, but they were already sold out one bedroom apartments.

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2005, 08:37:47 PM »
MM,
I am actually moving on site unseen but it's a few miles from the school. I know you have to drive there.  I know ttiwed lives there too.. he says it's not such a great neighborhod a few miles away so we'll see. My cousin lives there so that's why I am moving in there. 

Everyone... So are we up for drinks that friday.... I know i'll be going a little stir crazy not knowing people before orientation starts. 

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2005, 09:23:51 PM »
It seems to me that no matter where you are in Syracuse, bad neigborhoods are going to be a few miles/blocks away.  The borderlines between good and bad neighborhoods are thin...and everywhere, lol.  Just try not go out at night, especially when you are alone. 

I'm now living on main campus (temporarily), but a few blocks down is a bad neghborhood from what I hear.  I'm usually home studying all night so it doesnt matter...

bucknelllawbound

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2005, 10:32:24 PM »
Hey..I will be living in Nob Hill.  I would be interested in meeting for drinks the weekend before orientation as well.  -John

sunyeo78

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2005, 08:40:07 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I will be moving in on Sunday, August 14!

:)

Hope to meet some of you then.