Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse Class of 2008 Thread  (Read 19141 times)

ashmoee

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Syracuse Class of 2008 Thread
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 06:43:46 PM »
i am debating between syracuse and indiana u-indy...help me decide pplz!!! or would i get a biased response? can pplz tell me wut schools they got into and why they chose syracuse? thanx!!!

I did my UNDERGRAD at SU, and did a lot of work with the Law School for various reasons. My Senior year (2003) I lived with two law students as well...so anyone looking for info about the school or the area, I'd be happy to help! I can promise you that being an "Orangewoman" was the best four years of my life...anyone who's attending....good luck. You'll love it.

With that being said...I'm attending IU-Indy in the fall. Loved Syracuse...but am happy to be going to IU-Indy. So if "you're" still deciding...I'll give you my rationale.

PS - Clarendon Heights is a nice place. But there are many other GREAT old houses in the area to look into!

bucknelllawbound

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 05:57:04 AM »
Hello...I'm attending Syracuse this fall. I'm a 22 year old male just graduated from Bucknell.  I was a computer science major and I'm planning on going into technology / intellectual property law.  I'm currently interning in Germany for the summer and won't have time to check out apartments until I get back until August.  I'm looking for anyone who's thinking of having a roommate.  You can send me an email (john.r.bednarz@gmail.com).  ttys.

-John

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 11:14:22 PM »
hey. sorry i'm not looking for a romate but FYI there's a board for that on teh syracue law website in case you didnt' know you can post ther as well :)  I am going to do the same IP concentation so maybe you'll be in some of my classes.
Jen
I love my philly phanatic :)

sunny478

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 01:16:22 AM »
Check out orangehousing.com it's great for finding a place to live.

brotha

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 01:13:43 AM »
Nob Hill Apartments are the best.  There are a lot of law students there.  Just shoot me a PM and I will tell you more about it and incentives :)

Brotha

mm

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2005, 01:32:56 PM »
Hey,

Can you tell me a little more about Nob Hill. Went to Syracuse last week and looked at about 6 or so places (and thinking about Rugby Apartments) but did not get a chance to visit Nob Hill.

Cheers,

Kate

brotha

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2005, 04:39:28 PM »
Kate,

Do you have a pet?  Nob Hill does not allow pets while Rugby Square does.  They are in opposite ends to the campus.  Nob Hill has great facilities.  A small fitness center and a swimming pool.  They range from $439 to over $600 for a one bedroom.  Two bedrooms are from $559 and up.  They are very friendly in the office.  There are four buildings in this location.  There are several graduate students here that go to SU.  They have some apts with balconies with good views to the city (they are more expensive).

Rugby Square is a little louder in the front with the traffic and Nob Hill is not too bad.   Rugby is older with older plumbing.  Closer to shopping but that area of Syracuse is going downhill becoming more economic depressed.  Nob Hill is easier to get to school in the Morning with I-81 right there.  Teall Ave in the morning sucks!  It is one lane that is always backed up and with snow on the downhill it is not fun.  Just my thoughts.  Hope it helps.

jtaylor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 11:23:01 AM »
Hi Everyone-

I'm new to this site, and find it very helpful.
I visited campus this past weekend, and was very frustrated with housing options.
Is anyone in search of a roommate? I think I would enjoy a pal to share the cost of living with, and to enjoy a cold one after some killer days at school!

Anyone interested?

I'm relocating from Boston to SU, am 26, Female, and pretty excited for the whole experience. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail. (jennieataylor@aol.com)

mm

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 04:50:20 PM »
Hey Brotha,

Thanks fro the info.  How do you know all this - are you currently at SU?  As of today, I am in at Rugby.  It seemed quiet (compared to some of the other buildings I visited.)  While it is a ways to downtown, the ones that were close were in neighbourhoods that I questioned - they are probably just fine but i figured since i am new to the city by myself, i wanted to make sure i was totally comfortable.

bucknelllawbound

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2005, 08:50:15 AM »
Thanks for the help...hopefully I will find a roommate soon.