Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question for LawGirl - Please help!!  (Read 1246 times)

NeedOut

• View Profile
Question for LawGirl - Please help!!
« on: May 08, 2005, 08:35:58 PM »
I heard you transferred out of Cooley to a T1.   I am about to attempt the same thing.  How did you do it?? Any tips and/or advice?? Thanks!!

NeedOut

• View Profile
Re: Question for LawGirl - Please help!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 09:55:10 PM »
or anyone else that has similar advice about transferring out a LOW T4 into the first tier....

LawLady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 02:00:47 PM »
Yahoo has a trasfer app group I know.  Check that out.  I think I found it by searching transfer application.

2005grad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 12:33:44 PM »
I transferred from a low 4th tier to a top 5 school after my first year.  It was certainly worth giving up a full scholarship and convenience (close to home) to commute 2 hours each way to a top law school.  I found the higher ranked school much easier: the profs were less condescending, you could pass when you're called on if you're unprepared, you often knew when you'd be on call, it was hard to get a bad grade (though it was usually also harder to get all As when everyone is so smart).  Tips?  Get the best grades you can, write a killer essay (I ignored the word limit), pray . . .  My numbers were as follows: LSAT: low 160's; UGPA: 4.0 (low state school); 1L GPA: 3.9; 1L rank: 2 (not 2%, but 2nd in class).  Hope this helps, and much success wherever you end up.