Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Assistance Writing a Business Plan  (Read 1651 times)

PH2370

• View Profile
    • Email
Assistance Writing a Business Plan
« on: May 06, 2005, 04:33:58 PM »
We're a photography team located in Miami, FL.  We're a new business and need assistance writing out our business plan to approach banks, investors, etc.  If someone would be interested in this venture, particularly a student who needs to add to their portfolios / projects, please e-mail us directly at ph2370@yahoo.com with "business plan" in the subject line.  We can't offer payment at this time because we are new and don't have the funds, so this is only for someone interested in practicing and adding to their portfolios.
We can send more information as well as samples of our work / our web link.
It would be greatly appreciated and if we can assist the person that helps us with any photo services we would be more than happy to.
thanks!
PH

Yom Kippur

• View Profile
Re: Assistance Writing a Business Plan
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 10:32:51 PM »
Some people are very satisfied with Business Plan Pro

yon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 09:48:47 PM »
I am writing a b-plan in my class, thanks.

mh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 04:09:06 AM »
Does anyone know if there is some kind of software that helps you when drawing up contracts? What about business entities incorporation kits?

arcturus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 05:06:06 AM »
R U shure you'd not be securing that stuff by not circumventing rules about the unauthorized practice of law?

While it is true that despite the legal profession's historical resistance to technological advances the burgeoning world of cyberspace is bringing change to the practice of law, attorney-client relationships issues are still to be considered. Online exchanges resulting in the giving of specific legal advice are likely viewed as creating attorney-client relationships. Moreover, disclaimers are unlikely to provide the protection that many lawyers seek. Also state bars have consistently viewed the furnishing of particularized legal advice as creating an attorney-client relationship and frowned on such advice-giving in nontraditional contexts.

ecce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 06:52:39 AM »
hahaha

gabry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 11:05:28 AM »
Good idea to slam that post here arcturus!

jdmaxey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 11:52:31 AM »
In your local area you will have a Small Business Association that will assist you developing a Business Plan. I'm almost certain they won't cost you a thing. There's also another organization that uses retirees from the business world who want to work with up and coming businesses but I can't remember their name. Maybe the Chamber of Commerce could point you in the right direction.

If anyone on your team is prior military the VA has some excellent assistance programs you could use to help start a business.

arcturus has a valid point, as law students we are not licensed to practice law and therefore need to be leary of giving advice.

Good luck!

dc for

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 07:36:08 PM »
R U shure you'd not be securing that stuff by not circumventing rules about the unauthorized practice of law?

While it is true that despite the legal profession's historical resistance to technological advances the burgeoning world of cyberspace is bringing change to the practice of law, attorney-client relationships issues are still to be considered. Online exchanges resulting in the giving of specific legal advice are likely viewed as creating attorney-client relationships. Moreover, disclaimers are unlikely to provide the protection that many lawyers seek. Also state bars have consistently viewed the furnishing of particularized legal advice as creating an attorney-client relationship and frowned on such advice-giving in nontraditional contexts.

In my Professional Responsibility class I heard something about divorce kits and particularized legal advice, but I don't really remember what it says

LSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 07:04:25 AM »
Exactly, what mh was saying had nothing to do with the comment arcturus made ..