Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any soon to be Hofstra 1L'???  (Read 313 times)

sangese

• View Profile
    • Email
Any soon to be Hofstra 1L'???
« on: May 04, 2005, 08:40:31 AM »
What does a full time schedule look like?  What are the hours??  Can you maintain a PT job??

kdeevers

• View Profile
Re: Any soon to be Hofstra 1L'???
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 10:07:19 AM »
I will be attending in the Fall, so I dont know exactly what a first year's schedule looks like, but I remember seeing one somewhere (either online or in the handbook somewhere) and it didn't look too bad.  Obviously depends on you section, and I do know that Hofstra has certain times where there are never classes being held during the day.  (I apologize again because I don't remember what exactly they are called) but for example, Wednesdays from 11-12 could be this "free time" where there are NEVER classes at that time. 

As with every other ABA school they don't recommend a job first year, but I've heard that students do it.  I'm personally thinking about working in the library or something where I can hopefully study and get paid. 

I am at work now, but when I get home (and if I remember) I will try to locate where I saw that sample schedule and let you know what it looks like or where you can find it.